Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Anoles-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lawdog2705   GIECO GECKO102010   AnoleQueeeeen   Atrax27407   AnoleQueeeeen   Ravenfeather32922  

Member  Message

Lawdog2705
View Profile

SEPARATED MY ANOLES, NOW THEIR NOT EATING

My male anole (Piglet) and my female anole (Baby) recently started laying eggs. Piglet keeps running Baby off and staying close to the egg and not giving Baby much of a chance around it. He also was constantly chasing her (I was told he still wants to continue mating) so we separated them in different tanks. Now neither of them are barely eating. Since Baby has only laid 3 eggs, I’m really worried. Should we put them back together or keep them apart.
Also, Piglet was a rescue from outside which we planned on releasing once it warmed up, now I’ve been told he’s probably too spoiled. Baby was rescued from the pet store. Nothing but skin stretched over bones. I knew she would die if I didn’t bring her home. She’s so pretty now.

02/28/11  12:37pm

GIECO GECKO102010
View Profile

Message To: Lawdog2705   In reference to Message Id: 2207348

I HAVE AND ANOLE NAMED BABY TOO!!!! AND THE MALE IS GIECO. PUT THEM IN THE SAME TANK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. BABY RARELY CHANGES GREEN BUT GIECO IS HALF AND HALF THEY ARE NEW PARENTS THE EGGS HAVE NOT BEN LAYED YET SO I KEEP THEM IN THE SAME TANK BECUASE THEY WOULD HAVE SEPARTION ANXIETY BECAUSE THEY CAN NOT BE SEPARATED

07/23/11  01:07pm

AnoleQueeeeen
View Profile

Message To: GIECO GECKO102010   In reference to Message Id: 2230233

Please don’t use caps(; But you should most likely put them back togethr if they aren’t eating It’s very stressing to seperate 2 anoles that have been together a while excpecially a male(; Mine loves my female brown but im gonna have to seperate them soon because their parasite levels are different:(

07/26/11  10:41pm

Atrax27407
View Profile

Message To: AnoleQueeeeen   In reference to Message Id: 2230656

Anoles don’t suffer from "seperation anxiety". They are solitary animals except during mating season when the males establish a territory encompassing that of several females. They are NOT monogamous.

07/27/11  09:29am

AnoleQueeeeen
View Profile

Message To: Atrax27407   In reference to Message Id: 2230683

I seperated mine and they are doing the same thing! Ugh im gonna get them new partners that are the same species as them.

08/09/11  04:41pm

Ravenfeather32922
View Profile

Message To: Lawdog2705   In reference to Message Id: 2207348

I had two male anoles ( Fred and Will ). They LOVED jump off the log in their tank together. Then, Will died . Fred really hasn’t been the same since. He hardly ever turns green and I have to force feed him. The only times he EVER turns green is when I hold him or my female ( Scarlet ) sits by him. I think they might mate in mating season !

Soooo.... With ur anoles, I would put them back together. Fred wasn’t fully happy without Will, and I don’t think he’ll ever be fully happy again. I would put ur anoles together before the stress kills them.

01/29/16  09:59am

Back to Anoles-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area