Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Anacondas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Anacondas Forum

Cory123456   Jere000   Qqqqz   MarkJohnson   ShadowAceD  
 Member  Message

Cory123456
View Profile

How to own one in Florida

I was just wondering how I go about gettin a license and what’s required to own one here in Florida? I’ve owned a few green anacondas, burms and retics prior to the new laws and was wanting to get another one so any help would be great.

10/17/10  04:53pm

Jere000
View Profile

Message To: Cory123456   In reference to Message Id: 2181674

There’s no permits they were just banned which means no owning them period I believe.

10/17/10  06:58pm

Qqqqz
View Profile

Message To: Cory123456   In reference to Message Id: 2181674

Looks like you’re going to have to own one without the permit. Just don’t get caught. Shouldn’t be too hard.

10/18/10  02:25am

MarkJohnson
View Profile

Message To: Qqqqz   In reference to Message Id: 2181782

Quote:

There’s no permits they were just banned which means no owning them period I believe.

Wrong.

Quote:

Looks like you’re going to have to own one without the permit. Just don’t get caught. Shouldn’t be too hard.

Wrong in most situations.

They are not "banned", a green anaconda requires a reptile of concern permit, which is not related to a class III, II, or I permit.

Animals that require a reptiles of concern permit are burmese pythons, african rock pythons, nile monitors, reticulated pythons, and green anacondas, more may have been added. I know for a fact that burmese pythons require rehistration and microchipping legally. But getting caught with an illegal green anaconda would be much better than a burmese, since burmese are way more well established than any of the other reptiles of concern species. Go to google and type in reptiles of concern permit, find all the papers and info you need.

It is not too hard to acquire, just paperwork and a fee really, and waiting for papers to go through for a coupe months.

Yellow anacondas do not require this license, I would stick to one of those, its basically the same snake, just more manageable, a little cheaper, easily found locally, dont you have to break any laws.

Sounds good to me.

10/18/10  08:39pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: MarkJohnson   In reference to Message Id: 2181900

You can longer get ROC permits in Florida. If you have one they are still good, but no new permits are being issued and ceased being issued in June. Look up the passed proposal, it is all in there.

The whole "just own one and don’t get caught" mentality is moronic.

Did it ever occur to you just why this hobby is in this sort of trouble to begin with?

Get an animal you can keep legally.

11/03/10  04:37am

Back to Anacondas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area