Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Anacondas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Anacondas Forum

AnacondaHunter   Scimma   AnacondaHunter   Scimma  
 Member  Message

AnacondaHunter
View Profile

2 Dead Green Anaconda’s

HI Everyone: I have a dilema. In the past two months I have had two Green’s die exactly the same way. FAST!
Day One: Active and healthy
Day Two: Lathargic and limp
Day Three: Dead

Anyone have any ideas as to what’s wrong and how to control it. Both were young. One was about 5 Ft and the other 3 1/2.

Thanks

AH

08/31/09  12:46am

Scimma
View Profile

Message To: AnacondaHunter   In reference to Message Id: 2065686

2 Dead Green Anaconda’s

housed together I am assuming?
It is hard to say for sure, but about the only thing that I can think is possibly IBD, but I have never heard of a snake going from healthy to dead that quick. Long shot, but do you have any other animals in the house? what were the temperature and humidity conditions?

08/31/09  08:48am

AnacondaHunter
View Profile

Message To: Scimma   In reference to Message Id: 2065759

2 Dead Green Anaconda’s

They were housed together untilt he bigger one died. I moved the smaller one to another aquarium just in case there was a bacteria or anything in the main tank. Temp was always around 85. I don’t have means of humidity control, but it’s Florida. It’s always humid here. I also have several Pythons and Boa’s. None of them have been affected.

08/31/09  09:52pm

Scimma
View Profile

Message To: AnacondaHunter   In reference to Message Id: 2066050

2 Dead Green Anaconda’s

yup, stumped. OT: I have seen this happen in cats and it was a neurological disorder, at the time the vet. explained it, was that basicly the cat had genetically inherited a disorder, and one day just stopped moving and then later passed on, the time frame was about the same though. if the two were related I would examine that as a possibility, but as it is not "contagious" both of them passing on in similar time frames is very unlikely. beyond that I am out of ideas.

09/01/09  05:04am

Back to Anacondas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area