Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Anacondas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Anacondas Forum

Defiler13   Artist   Phoenix23   JB S  
 Member  Message

Defiler13
View Profile

Taming

i just had a couple of questions about yellow anacondas. I got mine on Aug 10, 08. She was a baby just born a month or 2 before i got her. She is a female, and has great colors. ID have to say she is 2 or 2 and a half feet long at this point. Her only issue is, is that she tends to be very timid. She strikes when you pick her up out of her cage if you dont use something else to pick her up, outside of the cage she is pretty tame for the most part except that shes very head shy and short tempered. Bassicly i geuss what im trying to ask you is do you have any tips or advice on getting her to chill and tame down more, an adult yellow pissed off anaconda is the last thing id want on my hands. any and all help or advice on anything would be great.

Thanks!

Btw, Ive attached one picture of Spotty ( yellow anaconda )

05/28/09  01:45am

Artist
View Profile

Message To: Defiler13   In reference to Message Id: 2012290

Taming

you could try getting a snake hook? that may calm her down when getting out of the enclosure!
hope i helped!

05/28/09  08:47am

Phoenix23
View Profile

Message To: Artist   In reference to Message Id: 2012377

Taming

Ya i’d suggest hook training... I have a burm and hook training works awesome..... and also common with the name...SPOTTY????.....lol..

05/29/09  01:39am

JB S
View Profile

Message To: Defiler13   In reference to Message Id: 2012290

Taming

another tip that is true for all snakes and many other reptiles, is if you can do not feed them in their tanks. it is better to have a separate feeding tank that has the food in it before introducing the snake. this ensures that the snake will not associate something entering their tank as food. just keep at it she will calm down as she ages, dont be scared to handle her at that size the bites wont be too bad, endure it now so shes used to being handled you wont want to endure her when shes full size and not tame

06/02/09  01:40pm

Back to Anacondas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area