Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Amphibians Forum

CatJ1020   CatJ1020   Kyoss   TheJokerDragon  
 Member  Message

CatJ1020
View Profile

BLOATED male fire belly toad

HELP!! our male fire belly is HUGE and appears to be getting bigger by the minute. What is going on? My daughter is about to flush him...

A few days ago he was separated from the female and placed in a small plastic tank. Something dropped on it and the lid cracked...is it possible he ate a piece of the plastic and it is poisoning him or maybe he got scared by the ’accident’ and is stressed? His skin looks like it is beginning to split due to the pressure in his body. There are no small objects for him to have eaten other than perhaps a piece of plastic...HELP!!!

02/14/11  02:13pm

CatJ1020
View Profile

Message To: CatJ1020   In reference to Message Id: 2204914

Too late...

02/14/11  10:47pm

Kyoss
View Profile

Message To: CatJ1020   In reference to Message Id: 2205012

Sorry =( Sometimes you can’t really do anything for them as they aren’t like humans and can get to the doctor/hospital easy, Reptile vets are pretty hard to find atleast in my area, and it’s hard to help frog in general unless it isn’t that urgent like yours was. But like I said, there isn’t much you can do when something like that happens, plus a 6 dollar frog dieing is better then a $50+ dollar vet bill when they might not be able to do anything. It could have been anything really, Impaction from the actual tank (gravel), internal bleeding, anything like that. I can’t really help to much and I know he’s not suffering anymore. Things happen I guess.

Anyways, Sorry =( That sounds like something bad to experience.
Best of luck! Cody.

02/15/11  01:04am

TheJokerDragon
View Profile

Message To: Kyoss   In reference to Message Id: 2205034

He has Balloon disease,caused by inflamation which is cause by pressure in his water. No cure unless you do surgery.

09/29/11  03:03pm

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area