Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Amphibians Forum

Me499   Removed By System   Walt  
 Member  Message

Me499
View Profile

REALLY WORRIED ABOUT MY AFRICAN DWARF FROG

im new to this site so will start by saying hello.

now on to my frog

i have had an african dwarf frog for around 3 weeks now and am starting to worry about him, the day i got him he broke his hind leg by getting it stuck in the filter, to avoid this happening again i moved him to my smaller fish tank and other than the fact he wasn’t using his leg all was fine.

over the last few weeks i have noticed he has become very lethargic doing nothing but sitting on top of the ornament or floating at the top of the tank and in the 3 weeks ive had him ive never seen him eat.

a few days ago i noticed an open sore on his broken leg which now has a yellowish greeny fuzz growing over it but cant decide if this is the wound healing or the start of a fungal infection? also the leg has turned very pale almost white.

today i removed him from the tank and put him in a bowl with some blood worm and still he wont eat.

i am very worried that he will die and am unsure what to do so any help would be greatly appreciated, so thanks in advance

05/04/10  02:22pm

Removed By System
View Profile

Message To: Me499   In reference to Message Id: 2145307

Amphibians

Removed By System

05/24/10  02:26pm

Walt
View Profile

Message To: Me499   In reference to Message Id: 2145307

REALLY WORRIED ABOUT MY AFRICAN DWARF FROG

sorry to here about your frog being this way, i have 4 of the big adfs’ now living strong but b4 that i lost 7 as a result of the pet store missleading me about cycling the tank-it is a community tank and all good now though-fuzz growing on anything isnt a good sighn for any one

10/31/10  04:06pm

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area