Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Amphibians Forum

Cmc2367   Rudolphtamer04   Rudolphtamer04   Monkey1111   Bmoran3  
 Member  Message

Cmc2367
View Profile

Froggy dead...:( Why?

So I will start off saying when I first got my loves (ADFs), one was already sick and I knew he wouldn’t last too long but he was just so adorable. He pulled through for awhile and died probably about a month and a half after I had him. So he made it quite far. My other one was all alone but all I had left and I came to college with him. he was alone for some time and he was doing well. I did all the regular procedures when cleaning out his tank, but I noticed the tank was getting cloudy and pretty bad really quick. like within two days quick. so i got one of those suker fish.... well i have had them both together for about a month and last night i cleaned the tank like i always did and they seemed so well until this morning i saw my frog dead on his hind legs at the bottom of the tank. just lifelies :( what could have caused this? do you think its the sucker fish that did this? Because he has gotten quite large and maybe when I am not looking or not around he picked on poor Yanni (my ADF).... I dont know and I want to know what happened to him!!!! But as I wait for replies I must get a new little guy... it will be hard to replace Yanni...

:(cmc

11/17/08  10:26am

Rudolphtamer04
View Profile

Message To: Cmc2367   In reference to Message Id: 1900168

There are many things that could have killed your frog.

For starters, it or the cleaner fish could have had parasites that infected the frog and killed it.

Another possibility is that your tank overheated. My little brother had a couple of ACFs and a few fish in a tank before when the water got too warm. The frogs both died but the fish survived.

Or it could just be stress from the new fish.

There are many other possibilities, but I’d say those are most likely. Sorry to hear about your losses. :/

04/29/09  07:26pm

Rudolphtamer04
View Profile

Message To: Rudolphtamer04   In reference to Message Id: 1995238

Sorry for bumping up an old post, forgot to check date!

04/29/09  07:28pm

Monkey1111
View Profile

Message To: Rudolphtamer04   In reference to Message Id: 1995242

of course hes dead!!!!!! you took the poor thing to college!!! im suprised he lived that long!!!!! poor thing..........

06/12/09  09:44pm

Bmoran3
View Profile

Message To: Monkey1111   In reference to Message Id: 2021243

ur frog probly died because u were lazy and forgot all about him

06/30/09  10:23am

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area