Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Amphibians Forum

Froggfreak   Monkey1111   Sh0e   Bmoran3   Dumpling82  
 Member  Message

Froggfreak
View Profile

New Red Legged Frog

Hi, i caught i red legged frog in a river near my house, and i just need a few tips for taking care of them. i have a basic idea, but any help would be great

07/14/08  04:34pm

Monkey1111
View Profile

Message To: Froggfreak   In reference to Message Id: 1795122

New Red Legged Frog

sorry, id love to help but, i have no clue what a red legged frog is! but like all frogs, you should probably put in a box or tank. and feed it fruit flies!!! put a old banana in there tank and friut flies will swarm all around and the frogs can eat them!!! it works great with frogs and toads!!! ive tried and my toads lived to be 3 years old!!!

hope this helps!!!

06/12/09  09:51pm

Sh0e
View Profile

Message To: Monkey1111   In reference to Message Id: 2021246

New Red Legged Frog

Let it go. Wild animals are best kept wild.

Where do you live? A picture will help identify it.

06/14/09  08:15pm

Bmoran3
View Profile

Message To: Sh0e   In reference to Message Id: 2022338

New Red Legged Frog

if it were mine i would put it i a tank with a little water
and cacth some flys and let it eat the flys
or just let it go

06/30/09  10:18am

Dumpling82
View Profile

Message To: Froggfreak   In reference to Message Id: 1795122

New Red Legged Frog

You can keep pets with red leg but first are you really sure it is red leg ? semtomps include , lazyness , bloating , acts like not have legs or arms does not move , if legs and tigths are red not does not include red from acual breed of amphibian if so you might want to take this advise, First put in really clean habitat but some food and water so if frog can stay wet might want to put very clean objects like a plastic rock washed with bleach make sure you dry it really good and wash so if frog wont go into amphibian’s skin very harmfull
for your frog and place your frog dont handle your frog and keep in clean habbitat for 1 or 2 weeks if not cleared up then more this frog dieases can kill your frog if open wounds apear use neosporin without PAIN KILLER the pain killer can kill your frog beacuse it is too strong. if lots of wounds apear it might sign that your frog is about to die or toad.

12/08/09  06:38pm

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area