Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Amphibians Forum

Shydragon   Nintendude403   Blue eyed cutie   1chargerfan   Frogsrule1996  
 Member  Message

Shydragon
View Profile

New to frogs

i’m really wanting to get a frog but not sure what kind would be good to start off with.. i would like to get some kind of tree frog..what type of things do i need to get. any info would be good thanks

01/22/08  01:59pm

Nintendude403
View Profile

Message To: Shydragon   In reference to Message Id: 1589572

New to frogs

I have a Green tree frog. he lives in a 20 gallon tank (it’s bigger then he needs though) i have a palce for him to hide in, a pool for him to soak in, and plants for him to climb on. He is pretty simple to take care of, very good pet. i feed him 1 or 2 crickets a day (3 week old crickets)

02/21/08  02:10am

Blue eyed cutie
View Profile

Message To: Nintendude403   In reference to Message Id: 1631644

New to frogs

i have a american toad (6 just so you know) and they are very easy and fun to take care of. i keep mine in my window well. (cus i have so many) a 10 gal. would be very good for 1 0r 2 (no more then 2.)
this is what you will need:

*a 10 gal. or bigger. (u can use a window well)

*dirt or wood chips. (no rocks unless you want to have your toad eat a rock like Animal Lover)(i like both wood and dirt half/half)

*a water dish that is big enough that your toad can sit in (no smaller)

*plants (plastic or real)

*a flat piece of wood and rocks (to make a cave or you can go to the pet store and buy something)

*a spray bottle (to keep the dirt miost)

Now you are all set! yay! hope i was some help!

blue eyed cutie

02/21/08  05:14pm

1chargerfan
View Profile

Message To: Blue eyed cutie   In reference to Message Id: 1632296

New to frogs

if u want a pretty cool toad i would go with the fire bellys thier pretty easy to take care and they dont need much

04/20/08  08:55pm

Frogsrule1996
View Profile

Message To: Shydragon   In reference to Message Id: 1589572

New to frogs

i have a whites tree frog, and this i feel would be a great starter frog, mainly because all you need is a ten-gallon terrarium, crickets, vitamins dust, eco-earth, water-dish, leaves, and a hollow log or a dome. i hope that this helped!!!!!

11/01/08  03:39pm

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area