Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Amphibians Forum

Venom12784   Ranid   FireBelliedMomma   Greenfrog   Jingowha   MultiLizard  
 Member  Message

Venom12784
View Profile

Tree Frog and fire bellied toad???

I currently have a fire bellied toad, and im looking to get a tree frog are there any problems with that

12/07/07  03:09am

Ranid
View Profile

Message To: Venom12784   In reference to Message Id: 1538468

I say it depends on the species. Im not much of a conessieur (yes I misspelled that) so I have to speak in generalities. So basically, as long as they come from similar habitat conditions, and if neither can fit in each others mouth, then I say thats fine.

12/07/07  11:36am

FireBelliedMomma
View Profile

You can get a tree frog as long as they each have their own tank. I have a WTF and a 4 FBTs. I would not put either of them together. The Tree Frog of any kind can not handle the toxins the toads produce. It would be fatal and unfair to the Tree Frog. I learned that no other species, except more FBT, sh should not go with them the hard way. I read a book that said you could possibly put the algae eater in with them, I woke up the next morning and found my algae eater dead. PLEASE DO NOT PUT THEM TOGETHER!!!!

12/09/07  03:57pm

Greenfrog
View Profile

Message To: FireBelliedMomma   In reference to Message Id: 1540865

Strangely, I’m against mixing, but once I had pair of FBT’s and a squirrel TF, and they lived perfectly together, but I don’t know how. I say it’s possible, but I wouldn’t take the risk. there was some unknown aspect to that tank that made them both happy, but I don’t know what it was, and it would be to hard to replicate, unless you were willing to risk the frogs.

-Greenfrog

10/13/08  02:28pm

Jingowha
View Profile

Message To: Greenfrog   In reference to Message Id: 1880112

I have a fire bellied Tree Toad and three grey Tree frogs all in the same Tank. The get along just great and I have had no problems with them being together. I have pics of them climbing on one another and swimming together. They do not seem to be territorial in anyway and do not mind eating at the same time.

07/31/09  12:48pm

MultiLizard
View Profile

I agree, Do not mix the two. Fire bellied toads have poison on the back of their legs that is toxic to the other frogs and other species.

05/03/10  11:49am

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area