Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Amphibians Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tony Mason   AW love da iggys   AW love da iggys   Zeek Butcher   Barmacher   Mr Aquarium  

Member  Message

Tony Mason
View Profile

Please help with Albino Water Clawed frog

I have a clawed albino water frog - can anyone help with explaining how to properly care for him. What shoud he eat? he also acts like he’s blind and i have been putting fish food in his mouth. Please help if you have one of these frogs.. Thank you - Tony

04/05/07  03:18pm

AW love da iggys
View Profile

Message To: Tony Mason   In reference to Message Id: 1235184

i have one too, and i think it might be a side affect of the albnio coloring, because mine will swim around bumping into things for ad ay or two until she gets her bearings.. acfs are very tame and as yuouv found ot, can be trained to eat out of your hand,, what you can do is try putting a dozen or so feeder guppies in the tank, she’ll be able to feel the vibrations from them swimming, or you can just keep hand feeding her every night. you should be feeding her frog or amphibian pellets in addition to fish food, although fish food isnt the best food for
them.

04/06/07  06:07pm

AW love da iggys
View Profile

i have one too, and i think it might be a side affect of the albnio coloring, because when i change my cage around mine will swim around bumping into things for ad ay or two until she gets her bearings.. acfs are very tame and as yuouv found ot, can be trained to eat out of your hand,, what you can do is try putting a dozen or so feeder guppies in the tank, she’ll be able to feel the vibrations from them swimming, or you can just keep hand feeding her every night. you should be feeding her frog or amphibian pellets in addition to fish food, although fish food isnt the best food for
them.

04/06/07  06:08pm

Zeek Butcher
View Profile

Message To: AW love da iggys   In reference to Message Id: 1236528

they eat regular fish food and you need to make sure it sinks to the bottom of the frogs tank because the albino clawed frogs eat off of the bottom,it will eventually find it and eat it,they are more active at night so will mostly eat at night

03/02/08  08:24pm

Barmacher
View Profile

I have an Albino but her sight seems to be fine, I havn’t heard or read anything about side effects because there Albino but I wouldn’t rule it out. If you are only feeding them fish food try feeding them something else, I feed mine crickets, wax worms, bloodworms, meal worms and Guppies and every now and then she will eat a bigger fish. try this it might help, sorry I have no answer but if you try "Allexperts.com" they will have

09/23/08  02:56pm

Mr Aquarium
View Profile

Message To: Barmacher   In reference to Message Id: 1866613

A lot of good stuff here for African Clawed frogs,
They are not blind, they just have poor eye site, earthworms or about anything they can fit in there mouth they will eat.

http://members.aol.com/sirchin/afc.htm

03/16/12  10:36am

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area