Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Amphibians Forum

Kiowa love101   Amphitalk   Kiowa love101   Walt  
 Member  Message

Kiowa love101
View Profile

What do African Dwarf Frogs like in their tank?

I want to get a African Dwarf Frog but I donít know what I should put in itís tank so itíll be happy I donít want a unhappy froggie! HELP!!!

03/26/07  04:16am

Amphitalk
View Profile

Message To: Kiowa love101   In reference to Message Id: 1222390

Well, do you have the appropriat habitat for them? They are fully aquatic so they donít need any land. Put some caves in (such as half of some rubber/plastic pipes). They donít require a lot of work, just a large enough area to swim in.

I take care of about 40-50 adults every summer, they are quite easy to keep. The babies are pretty cute though (take care of 5-6 of the little guys). Just be prepared for a bad smell and a few escapees (I almost had one run jup thorugh a drain hole on the floor).

Have fun!

P.S. If you have any more questions about frogs, toads, newts, or salamanders, visit my site! Iíll be glad to help you out and my response will be quick. I check my site once every 24 hours (at minimum!) so I will be there to help you out. My site is: www.amphitalk.cjb.net

03/26/07  07:38pm

Kiowa love101
View Profile

Message To: Amphitalk   In reference to Message Id: 1223128

thanx,my step-sis says that they die really easy! is that ture and can they still get out with a cover ? and sry about all of the questions.... and also do they perfer tall tanks or regular long tanks? do you own any red eyed tree frogs? hey look soooo cool and it would be sooo awsome if u could give me some info thanx.

03/27/07  09:32pm

Walt
View Profile

Message To: Kiowa love101   In reference to Message Id: 1222390

after the filter and heater - small smoothish rocks or sand-some places 2 hide in a cave, a tericoter pot on its side, plants with leaves "that will also help clean the tank also mystery snails" if you want 2 go further if you have a commuity tank keep it clean with lots of water changes when the levels are off-but since they sleep at the top of the water you can give them places to hold on to. floating plants tank sticky cups holding a small semi floating object "fake plant ect in the corners" i have a partly submerged small turtle dock and one of mine likes to come out of the water breifly to sit on it. theyre very funny my frogs are the big ones from the store "petsmart never petco way better quality and health" and since the fish i have platys full size the frogs tend to rule the worm plate the small ones i lost on the way wud get scared and swim away while thry lost out on thyr worms as long as you keep feeding them frozen worms or shrimp like they had at the store they’ll b happy

10/31/10  05:00pm

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area