Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Amphibians Forum

Animal_luver   Rae rae   Biteme   Jay89   Reptile88   MereBear   Walt   Arcangel syracuse  
 Member  Message

Animal_luver
View Profile

African Dwarf Frogs????

Does anyone know anything about African Dwarf frogs???????? Im thinking of getting them as pets and just want to figure out all I can about them.

12/26/06  05:44pm

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: Animal_luver   In reference to Message Id: 1107530

African Dwarf Frogs????

african dwarf frogs live with community fish and they will eat pellets and bloodworms. you really dont see them though because they hide most of the time.

12/28/06  10:18pm

Biteme
View Profile

African Dwarf Frogs????

Evening
I have 4 dwarfs and they come out to eat when i go near the tank.
I have always cut up worms and crickets and they love that.
There is a frog bites you can get from the pets store for frogs.
They are funny too watch,i have plastic floating plants in my tank and they love to sit in them and get the heat from the light ( sun) lol and ways i hope this helps.

Lisa

12/29/06  12:54am

Jay89
View Profile

Message To: Biteme   In reference to Message Id: 1110613

African Dwarf Frogs????

Hello

I have 4 of them and they will do good with 4 inch fish and are fully aquatic.They can be in groups of its species.

12/31/06  11:54pm

Reptile88
View Profile

African Dwarf Frogs????

I have five! I got the first as a gift, then bought more at various pet stores. They have three guppies in the tank with them. One of the guppies is a baby! Id go to Petco or Petsmart if I where you.

11/06/07  08:15pm

MereBear
View Profile

Message To: Reptile88   In reference to Message Id: 1504219

African Dwarf Frogs????

There is a really good website that talks about African Dwarf Frogs and many many others:

www.allaboutfrogs.org

Also, they love blood worms and I would NOT recommend a filter, there little bodies get trapped in them and fish tend to pick on them and they do better alone!

12/01/07  01:29pm

Walt
View Profile

African Dwarf Frogs????

i have 4 large adfs’ ,5 platys ,4 neons , 4 ghoast catfish ,2 golden mystery snails , 2 zebra fish , 2 orange sunburst ,2 green sunburst. if your going 2 do a community tank cycle it first!!!!!! the frogs are sensitive to dirty tanks,i was misslead by the pet store about cycling and lost 7 frogs b4 i fixed it-its great now snails for cleaning lots of live plants for hiding places and filtering a tericoter pot, a fake driftwood tree,and a little bridge for hidining, and a couple of spots floating up top for them to sleep when thry want,a party submerged turtle dock, squizing behind the breading net, n floating plants. but most important the feeding plate my frogs never liked frog pellets i only found out latter most at the store are fed with frozen bloodworms n shrimp now theyre very happy. i had a problm getting the worms on the plate so they cud find them so i fasened a 1 inch tube to a tank stiky so it wude stay rite over the plate so now my wife will feed them now she was too crazy with them at 1st now she loves them whenthyr hugry thy will sit on the plat and somtimes follow you as u walk by,

10/31/10  04:36pm

Arcangel syracuse
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 1110350

African Dwarf Frogs????

i have three maby 4 cant find one i like watching them.one is larger then other but thay were same when i got them. thay live with my neon fish. thay eat small cichlid pellets. witch pet store sead to feed them thare not hared to take cair of

12/29/10  06:15pm

Back to Amphibians Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area