Alligators-Crocodiles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Alligators-Crocodiles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Hsp   The Lone Glider   JEFF QUARLES  

Member  Message

Hsp
View Profile

Alligator expert needed for advice - animal abuse circus

I was on holiday with my wife. We went to the Spanish small city Gijon. My wife gave me a gift by bringing a visit to a circus.

We discovered the animals were in unhealthy state when the show with the white horses started. My wife have knowledge about horses and we both can confirm the horses were far to skinny. You can see the bones.

You can read on animal behaviors if there is something wrong. For example they had a show with dogs. The German shepherd showed "Scared submissive state"(Head down when the person who is giving the show with animals when he came near).

The show with the alligators was very dangerous. They let the alligators hang over the security fence between the first row guests and the stage. Not one meter distance the alligators were facing the guests. The only possible way to keep the alligators calm is to drug them. Then the person who is doing the animal show kicked one alligator hard in the cross (between the legs, under the tale) and put them back in wooden boxes.

My question is,

1. Can you train alligators to stay calm or is there a possibility that they drug them?

This answer is very important because i am going to write a letter to the Embassy of Spain,

01/04/13  02:33pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Hsp   In reference to Message Id: 2288853

That doesn’t sound healthy.. I think they drugged it.. Otherwise I don’t see how They could just leave it like that...

01/09/13  01:10pm

JEFF QUARLES
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2289202

Being that is not in the US, there is nothing you can do..

01/18/13  10:24am

Back to Alligators-Crocodiles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area