Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Alligators-Crocodiles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Alligators-Crocodiles Forum

Shartam   Venom6547   Crocodylus   Rat_snake_man  
 Member  Message

Shartam
View Profile

American Alligator

I am looking to buy a alligator, where and what states can I get one. Im looking for a baby and a private dealer. If anyone knows anything please let me know.

12/13/10  03:12am

Venom6547
View Profile

Message To: Shartam   In reference to Message Id: 2192443

American Alligator

have you considered how big it’ll get and how much itll eat and all that? what state do you live in? theyre legal in some states i dont know what ones but in rhode island you dont need a permit to get one just be 18, and florida and southern states i think you need a license.

12/13/10  03:11pm

Crocodylus
View Profile

Message To: Venom6547   In reference to Message Id: 2192507

American Alligator

What state do you live in? And something probably more important than being able to jump through the legal hoops is are you going to be able to afford an Alligator? If you are a decent human being and take good care of it you might be able to keep it in an aquarium for the first year or so, after that thy become very expensive pets. I’ve had mine for over 4 years now and his last enclosure cost thousands of dollars to build (and that was being thrifty) And he’s only a baby still! I am all for people keeping crocodilians if they have the resources but if you dont or are unsure please for the animals sake dont buy one

12/21/10  04:00pm

Rat_snake_man
View Profile

Message To: Crocodylus   In reference to Message Id: 2193626

American Alligator

you need a license in florisda

01/30/11  08:04pm

Back to Alligators-Crocodiles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area