Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Alligators-Crocodiles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Alligators-Crocodiles Forum

Kris79   Nile/water monitors   Kris79   Nile/water monitors  
 Member  Message

Kris79
View Profile

Help me what is this?

Can anyone help me and tell me what is this? I live in south east asia.
Thanks Kris

12/08/10  06:04am

Nile/water monitors
View Profile

Message To: Kris79   In reference to Message Id: 2191593

Help me what is this?

Being just a baby it "All most resembles" the Speckled Caiman, but I’m pretty sure its a baby East Asia Salt Water Crocodile or Freshwater Crocodile. He will be a big guy when he grows up. Nice pictures, where did you take them? I hope not in your back yard?

12/08/10  08:14am

Kris79
View Profile

Message To: Nile/water monitors   In reference to Message Id: 2191597

Help me what is this?

Thanks for your answer! It’s about 60 cm long. I don’t know what age and sex. And yes the picture was taken in my backyard pond!!! Looks like i have to expand. Now he or she have 5500 liter pond with a log and some plants and some alive fish swimming in there I would be really happy for any advice.
Thanks

12/08/10  08:45am

Nile/water monitors
View Profile

Message To: Kris79   In reference to Message Id: 2191598

Help me what is this?

If this little guy/girl is wild, I wouldn’t make it feel at home. With out years of experience with crocs it could be a bad idea and very costly to keep him. I know the American Gators grows "at least" 1 ft. a year, not sure on the Crocs. If you like to have a croc in your pond and its only my opinion, I’d wait for this little monster to move on, Close off the pond to wild life, "research" all there is on the smaller cousin to the croc, one of the Caiman species. They don’t get as large but are just as enjoyable to watch. Ho, one other thing you should do is check of your local laws and see what species you can legally keep?

12/08/10  12:06pm

Back to Alligators-Crocodiles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area