Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Alligators-Crocodiles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Alligators-Crocodiles Forum

Venom6547   Johnkorz   Bayou Beasts   JEFF QUARLES  
 Member  Message

Venom6547
View Profile

Home Owners Insurance?

I’m being told that if I’m in possession of an alligator that I may not be able to get home owners insurance is this true? I’ve been looking online and cannot find anything saying that crocodilians make you unable to renew your homeowners insurance I’ve only seen certain dogs and even those could be accepted if there are signs posted. If i got signs and posted them around my property would I be able to keep my gator? I really do not want to get rid of my alligator because I’ve grown so attached to him I’m just wondering if there’s anything i can do or if this is untrue?

08/17/10  03:59pm

Johnkorz
View Profile

Message To: Venom6547   In reference to Message Id: 2169953

Home Owners Insurance?

I would say to contact your home insurance company. They should be able to tell you or give you someone to talk to about it.
Good luck!

08/20/10  08:03pm

Bayou Beasts
View Profile

Home Owners Insurance?

I had an extremely hard time finding homeowners but I had 20 plus croc species in my home along with multiple venomous among others. I had a 5 foot american gator running in my living room one day when my insurance guy stopped by and was dropped like a bad habit. Try AIG (century 21) insurance they do’t stop by(this is my experience anyway). Good luck

Tony

08/25/10  10:45pm

JEFF QUARLES
View Profile

Home Owners Insurance?

For one, I would never tell them!! Two, make sure it is safe from anyone who may visit so there is no chances of a bite..

01/25/11  08:11pm

Back to Alligators-Crocodiles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area