Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Alligators-Crocodiles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Alligators-Crocodiles Forum

Reptileboy19   Aquasquid69   BooByVu   Reptileboy19   Reptileboy19   Aquasquid69   JackAsp   Aquasquid69   Drepop   Aquasquid69   Simbaah   Aquasquid69   Reptileboy19   Aquasquid69   Rat_snake_man   Rat_snake_man   Bayou Beasts  
 Member  Message

Reptileboy19
View Profile

Anyone housing adults?

After reading this forum, i see people saying that there gonna build them a room sized enclosure, renovate their basement to house them in and buy them greenhouses. But does anyone actually follow through with their plans. Does anyone actually have a suitable enclosure for a larger animal or do you just sell after they get too big.

05/10/08  04:46am

Aquasquid69
View Profile

Message To: Reptileboy19   In reference to Message Id: 1730889

Anyone housing adults?

i was wondering the same thing because i got an american alligator a while back and he is growing like a freakin weed........ so in my situation i have built an outdoor pond with land around it fenced in and screened off at the top that he will prolly be living in this summer since i read somewhere that he could be 5 ft by the end of the year he is currently about 2ft when i got hime a few months ago he was between 12or 14 inch’s im not sure how old he is. anyways i just wanted to answer your quiestion as well as pose another does anyone have any pictures of a suitable indoor enclosure for a medium to adult gator????

05/11/08  10:02pm

BooByVu
View Profile

Message To: Aquasquid69   In reference to Message Id: 1732496

Anyone housing adults?

Eh sorry i keep a large gator outdoor in a pond. He’s a pet i guess? lol He was rescued long ago and has lived in that pond for 3 years. Noone goes back there....There are 4 of them back there I think. I saw 6 or 7 of the babies a few weeks ago and I currently keep 4 of them. I am giving a pair to my Herp teacher and grow the other pair myself in an outdoor pond im digging in front of my house.

05/14/08  12:31am

Reptileboy19
View Profile

Message To: BooByVu   In reference to Message Id: 1734838

Anyone housing adults?

Does anyone have pictures?

05/15/08  11:23pm

Reptileboy19
View Profile

Message To: Reptileboy19   In reference to Message Id: 1736855

Anyone housing adults?

yeah i didnt think so

05/18/08  04:19pm

Aquasquid69
View Profile

Message To: Reptileboy19   In reference to Message Id: 1739267

Anyone housing adults?

here is a pic of a tank when i was almost half done with it.. it is about 10ft long 3ft wide and 4ft tall so it will be suitable for him for a long time seeing as he is only 18 inch’s right now. i painted the tank with aquarium paint to protect the wood and silicone the corners............. in addition to this indoor enclosure i have an 9ft long 4ft deep and 5ft wide outdoor pond lined with river rock and a fountian in the middle also the pond house’s gold fish so that when he is outside in that he can eat when he please’s

05/18/08  09:04pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Aquasquid69   In reference to Message Id: 1739587

Anyone housing adults?

Bump.

05/22/08  11:08pm

Aquasquid69
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 1743737

Anyone housing adults?

what does bump mean i keep seeing people put that in and i dont mean to sound stupid im just curious to wat it means???

05/25/08  03:37pm

Drepop
View Profile

Message To: Aquasquid69   In reference to Message Id: 1739587

Anyone housing adults?

I was thinking the same thing. I’m glad you asked this question because people dont keep their adult crocodilians the throw them away or sell them or something which is wrong. If you have an animal you should know everything about it and KEEP IT until its OLD and dies.

05/25/08  10:46pm

Aquasquid69
View Profile

Message To: Drepop   In reference to Message Id: 1746451

Anyone housing adults?

ill take some pics of my pond tommorrow to show you all that there are some people that actually have some commitment to their pets wheither it be very large snakes or crocodillians that grow to be very large i love ALL of my reptiles and am prepared to properly house them wheither they are small medium or gigantic im actually more attached to my alligator then i am to my dog........ oh and an update on my huge indoor enclosure it sprung a leak last night so it is currently under construction since i woke up to 350 gallons of water on my floor still not sure how it happened so im gonna paint it with aquarium paint and silicone the corners so i dont have a repeat...... check back tommorow i will have pics of my outdoor enclosure

love peace and fried chicken grease

05/26/08  01:05am

Simbaah
View Profile

Message To: Aquasquid69   In reference to Message Id: 1746575

Anyone housing adults?

People say BUMP when they post another short message just to make the post go to the top of the screen again so it is not over looked or forgotten, lets say you ask someone on the board but they dont get back to you right away, you bump it up to the top again so the person you want to speak with sees your message first and doesn’t overlook it cuz other peoples post will push your post far down eventually where you have to go into archives to see it. Thats all it means....... peace

05/26/08  03:33am

Aquasquid69
View Profile

Message To: Simbaah   In reference to Message Id: 1746655

Anyone housing adults?

thanks for the info i had seen it alot and now i understand..... oh and here are some pics of the outdoor enclosure i built for my american alligator
this one looks cool i think but doesnt reall show the whole pond

this one shows most of the pond the only part you cant see is the land in the back left corner but here are some pics.....

and here are some pictures of godzilla

another picure of godzilla my american alligator

love peace and chicken grease

05/26/08  09:49pm

Reptileboy19
View Profile

Message To: Aquasquid69   In reference to Message Id: 1747549

Anyone housing adults?

Congrats aquasquid, that looks like a great pond for your alligator.(from what i can tell lol )
Lol, im starting to doubt anyone on here still has there petss, excluding the ones that posted.

It sucks your indoor enclosure sprung a leak, must have been tough to mop all that up huh?
I remember once when i was like 12, we had a 70 gallon fish tank and it had a leak, man was that ever tough to clean up. I kant even imagine, 350 gallons.

Matt

05/30/08  01:29am

Aquasquid69
View Profile

Message To: Reptileboy19   In reference to Message Id: 1750726

Anyone housing adults?

yeah it required a wet vac and then a carpet cleaner to keep any mold from growing yea it was not fun especially the part of my wife almost killing me for making a flood in the house LOL she was deff not happy i still havent redone it yet just because i am very fearful of the same thing happening again i am gonna have to find some really really tough plastic like visqueen or a place that will cut a pond liner to fit to ensure no floodingLOL. as far as the adult gator thing i have only talked to a few people that actually have full grown gators...... although i also understand that it is alot to handle and maintan and that not everyone can do that but i guess they should think about things like this before they go getting something that will get monsterious and has the possibility of killing someone well anyways thanks for the comp on the pond.

love, peace and chicken grease

05/30/08  06:32pm

Rat_snake_man
View Profile

Message To: Aquasquid69   In reference to Message Id: 1751351

Anyone housing adults?

i have a two an a half foot long american alligator its indoor enclosure is a 300 gallon tank its outdoor sense i live in florida hes outside most the time is a 500 gallon pound surroned by land and fenced in and screened im going to try and get a fountain to put in the pond but this is a very good post thing i agree that anyone who isnt prepared to take care of there animal should not be allowed to have one ill put pics on soon

11/07/09  07:09pm

Rat_snake_man
View Profile

Message To: Rat_snake_man   In reference to Message Id: 2093119

Anyone housing adults?

im making a new pond in my back yard its gonna be epicly huge ill post pics of the project

03/06/10  03:58pm

Bayou Beasts
View Profile

Message To: Rat_snake_man   In reference to Message Id: 2130558

Anyone housing adults?

Sorry been away for a bit but I am back for now. I will have to find some pics I have been through a divorce and she wouln’t let me take anything. I house a 9.5 foot male and a 8 foot female in my house in a 20x49 foot outbuilding with ponds heat lamps and a "doggie door" of sorts available to them in the spring and summer(PA winters can get harsh). People on this forum have seen my setups and animals to verify while I look for pics.

Thank you
Bayou Beasts
Tony

03/28/10  12:34am

Back to Alligators-Crocodiles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area