Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Alligator Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Allielover   Acre   Mr.salas   Acre  

Member  Message

Allielover
View Profile

Finally got another northern alligator lizard!

As some of you may know, iv been searching for another Allie for 5 years now. I’m just so happy! I was walking the dogs, not looking for any reptiles. the dogs were up ahead on the trail and then I saw the little guy. I froze, maybe in shock, dropped all the dog stuff and hoody I was holding and caught him. I was shaking with excitement and disbelief by the time I got home. he’s missing 4 toes on his front right and one from his back right, has a partly regrown tail and a few other scars, but he has beautiful coloring.
I haven’t had any Allies for just over 3 years. I like lots of other lizards and have several other species(Schneider skink, red stripe gargoyle gecko, giant leopard gecko morph, common sandfish skink, longtails, brown and green anoles), but allies will always have a special spot in my heart.

06/07/17  10:11pm

Acre
View Profile

Message To: Allielover   In reference to Message Id: 2320731

Congrats!
Put up a picture at some point.

06/08/17  02:38pm

Mr.salas
View Profile

Message To: Allielover   In reference to Message Id: 2320731

Nice! I found one myself and it just so happened to be pregnant and now I have 11 eggs incubating there plump and healthy looking would you happen to be able to help me out with any tips on care for the eggs and mother?

07/09/17  12:40pm

Acre
View Profile

Message To: Mr.salas   In reference to Message Id: 2320848

If it laid eggs you have a Southern; Northern’s are live bearing. Make sure the eggs are kept in a damp container; they dry up very fast because they are small and the substrate, which can be moss or vermiculite or anything else that holds water well will need to be checked every few days. The eggs will hatch in 45-55 days if kept at temperatures from the low 70’s to mid 80’s. The young will need very small crickets.

07/10/17  07:47am

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area