Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Alligator Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Katness   Eris   Acre   Katness   Katness   Lizardlover2   Katness   Katness   Katness   Acre  

Member  Message

Katness
View Profile

NEED HELP , Allie hurt and moody :(

recently my cat has been attacking my Allie through the tank... and my brother has also been teasing him by tapping on the side of the tank. so my Allie has a scab on the right side of his throat. And a big bump on the other. With the three years i have had him he has never bitten me. in till this week.but what i don’t understand is he was very com , i could put him on my shirt and leave him there for an hour and he would not move. but he started to bite me so i thought he might be home sick .so i made his home more like a forest .and he has not bitten me since . but i need some advice on how to heal his bump ASAP.

06/11/16  08:11pm

Eris
View Profile

Message To: Katness   In reference to Message Id: 2318677

Sounds like he may be stressed out by your cat and brother as to him being aggressive. Good idea to make his tank more comfortable for him. Be sure to give him plenty of places to hide and maybe place something to block your cat from getting to the tank. You did not say how he got injured, do you know how? It may be hard to say what’s going on with out seeing the scab and bump though.

06/14/16  05:18pm

Acre
View Profile

Message To: Eris   In reference to Message Id: 2318768

Open wounds can be treated with Neosporin or other topical disinfectants. If the bump is scar tissue from a healed injury it will likely remain there. Get the cat and the brother away for the cage.

06/16/16  02:57pm

Katness
View Profile

Message To: Acre   In reference to Message Id: 2318806

No i do not know how he got hurt .but i will try to get a picture of him .

06/20/16  01:03pm

Katness
View Profile

Message To: Acre   In reference to Message Id: 2318806

No i do not know how he got hurt.but i will try to get a picture of him.

06/20/16  01:11pm

Lizardlover2
View Profile

Message To: Katness   In reference to Message Id: 2318845

I definitely agree with Eris regarding making sure your brother and the cat can’t bother your allie. This may be a cause for the moody and stressed behavior. They often need privacy and would benefit from having multiple hiding places to feel safe from predators. If the terrarium is in your room, you might want to lock the door when you’re gone to prevent unwanted visitors from coming in and pestering him. Also, other factors like lighting, heating, and diet can be affecting him. If you can describe your setup, we can probably making recommendations if anything seems out of place. It’s also a good idea to find a good local vet that specializes in reptiles to do a fecal test and an overall health checkup to make sure your allie is doing OK overall. Feel free to ask any further questions and post a pic.

06/28/16  12:14am

Katness
View Profile

Message To: Lizardlover2   In reference to Message Id: 2318942

sorry i don’t know how to post pic don’t have up load option.

09/13/16  05:41pm

Katness
View Profile

Message To: Lizardlover2   In reference to Message Id: 2318942

Recently i have put moss in the tank and have been regularly spraying water in it, and the bump and the scab has been getting better over time.

09/13/16  06:09pm

Katness
View Profile

Message To: Katness   In reference to Message Id: 2319478

recently his bump on his chin has been OK but now he has a bump the size of a b.b on his cheek in front of his ear and every time i go to tack him out of his cage he bites me. it could be because i just got a bearded dragon but he likes Alex.but when i tack hi out of his cage (with a stick ) and put him on my bed then i can pick him up with out getting bite.o and i tried putting triple antibiotic ointment on him it helped a lot thank you .any ideas on how to help him.

01/10/17  04:44pm

Acre
View Profile

Message To: Katness   In reference to Message Id: 2320074

Wipe him down with a dry paper towel or other white cloth and check it for ticks and mites.

01/20/17  06:53am

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area