Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kristof   Kristof   Acre  

Member  Message

Kristof
View Profile

Incubation and Egg tips.

Hello everyone!

I’m new here and have a question about Alligator Lizards. My friend is currently breeding these guys for the first time. I will be incubating them for them as he doesn’t have an incubator.

How should I incubate these guys?
- I breed Leopard Geckos, so would an incubator temperature of 85 f work?
- Is vermiculite acceptable for incubating the eggs?

My friend lives an hour away, so if he can’t get the eggs to me right away, could he put the eggs in a deli cup with moist eco earth to keep them humid? It would only be a day or two until they were to get into the incubator.

Thank you everyone in advance!! Sorry, it’s alot of questions.. Hoping all goes well though! I have a gator myself and I love him/her!!! Would LOVE some babies haha.

06/09/16  12:06am

Kristof
View Profile

Message To: Kristof   In reference to Message Id: 2318648

Incubation and Egg tips.

These are Southern Alligator Lizards btw :)

06/09/16  12:11am

Acre
View Profile

Message To: Kristof   In reference to Message Id: 2318649

Incubation and Egg tips.

Everything you do for Leopard Geckos will work for allies but I’d go lower on the temp if you can - say 78-80. Even at that temp expect allie eggs to hatch much faster than leopard geckos - likely under 50 days. Allie eggs are much more sensitive to desiccation. Let that vermiculite dry out and you only have one day to catch the problem - if that. The young also desiccate easily. They will need a hide that’s humid but not soggy. They will also need very small crickets and lots of them. Mail order through Fluker Farms might be the best way to go - 500 at a time.

06/16/16  03:02pm

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area