Alligator Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lizard care#1   Acre   Savagedrumsticks  

Member  Message

Lizard care#1
View Profile

Aligator and blue belly babies

i have these two pets caged s eperateley but the blue belly laid eggs and the aligator lizard was pregnant but they both had babies on the same day so i decided to house them together would they be fine to be together i think so

08/11/15  06:13pm

Acre
View Profile

Message To: Lizard care#1   In reference to Message Id: 2314549

Should be OK if they all get what they need. I think the gator lizards dry out more easily so it is important that they have a humid place to hide.

08/12/15  09:01am

Savagedrumsticks
View Profile

Message To: Lizard care#1   In reference to Message Id: 2314549

Hey man I had a total of 36 different kind of lizards at my house. So you can count on me. The male alligators(lizards) are extremely aggressive but female are less aggressive. I’ve actually witness that a female alligator killed a blue belly. Especially when these lizards lay eggs. The first thing you should do is keep the eggs warm and separate the eggs to different boxes, because lizards sometimes do feed on their young. And I personally don’t think it is a good idea to keep any multiply lizard species together because almost all lizards are territorial, so that’s means they will fight. Also when they are stress( after giving birth). So even though you seperate the eggs, I still don’t suggest you keeping them together. You can always keep a female and male of the same kind together. But no more than a pair. Never put male and male or female(alligator) and female Ina cage. For blue bellies you can put multiple female together. That’s what I did and they had no problems. But since alligator are territorial I honestly suggest you not even put a pair together, just separate all of them until mating season. is my contact. Feel free to contact do you got any problems

09/15/15  07:56pm

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area