Alligator Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Halloweenbrian   Bluebellyluver2009   Jgator   Allielover  

Member  Message

Halloweenbrian
View Profile

Alligator Lizards Wanted

I am looking for a small group of Alligator Lizards to start a captive breeding project

01/29/15  11:39pm

Bluebellyluver2009
View Profile

Message To: Halloweenbrian   In reference to Message Id: 2312116

Alligator Lizards Wanted

I am going to try to do the same thing. Where are you located? I am in Southern California.

02/25/15  02:12am

Jgator
View Profile

Message To: Halloweenbrian   In reference to Message Id: 2312116

Alligator Lizards Wanted

I’d love to do the same. I currently have one small baby southern that probably hatched this year. It seems that there is a breeding ground under my doorstep where I live in Nor Cal. I know it’s rare to see babies, however two years in a row now I’ve found tiny babies in my house near the door! The first one I stepped on about November time year before last(luckily barefoot and he was fine!) the one this year I noticed peaking through a crack in our door just above the hinge only a couple of weeks ago.

I’ve noticed larger lizards going into a small crack in the concrete in our doorstep and I’m pretty sure there is a cavity under there that they return to each year to breed, hatch and then brumate. I’m just lucky enough to catch the babies when they venture out when the weather warms before they get eaten by our dogs!

I’m definitely going to have this lizard sexed when it gets old enough, and then go about trying to find some others. I see tons of full grown lizards around here in summer time.

03/05/15  06:30pm

Allielover
View Profile

Message To: Jgator   In reference to Message Id: 2312662

Alligator Lizards Wanted

Oh I wish they were more common near me. Since I caught my pregnant mommy lizard nearly 3 years ago I have seen only one for sure and two maybeys since then. One was two years ago in a thistle bush. The other one or two were when I went hunting for them after hearing about one showing up in a firewall a couple hours drive away. I saw an adult go under a rooted stump and the other may have just been a locust or a new baby, there was alot of locusts there. This was after hours of searching.

I loved raising my adorable yet unfortunately slightly deformed probably inbred babys and their mother who died of tumors about two years after having her. I really want too try again, wit hopefully healthyer allies this time. That are my favorite lizards. Iv since gotten other types of lizards hopeing they would be similar personality, but no luck yet. I like them but its not the same.

03/16/15  11:54pm

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area