Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Alligator Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Cipactli Cuetzpallin   Takahiro111   Cipactli Cuetzpallin   Takahiro111   Cipactli Cuetzpallin   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Cipactli Cuetzpallin
View Profile

ESCAPED IN MY ROOM

So today, when I came home from school I checked on my alligator lizard, but he wasn’t in his enclosure! Keep in mind that he was being temporarily held in a tubberware container, but I made sure it was tall enough so escape wasn’t possible and I also made sure substrate wasn’t too high, but he is now gone. I already checked the enclosure thoroughly to make sure he wasn’t just hiding. The last time anyone saw him was my mother, who said she saw him at around 11 in the afternoon. I am very concerned for his safety since he is only as big as my index finger from head to tail and I’m worried he might get killed by either getting crushed by something or getting eaten by my dog. So any advice for luring him out somehow? I don’t think mealworm bait will work since he doesn’t seem to be so interested in them. This is a baby southern alligator lizard I’m talking about here, so if there is anything that might attract him or if there are any known traps please respond!

05/20/14  12:14am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Cipactli Cuetzpallin   In reference to Message Id: 2305217

ESCAPED IN MY ROOM

I know how you feel it happened to me once. You have to be calm,quiet,and relaxed. First keep the dog somewhere secure until you find him. Look under dark thinks like the bed,clothes even dresser or anywhere dark and tight. I hope theirs no cracks,holes or crevices. Was your door open? Alsomakes sure the room floor is very clean so you can spot it. Also check any curtains I found my friend juvenile iguana in it. And bug bait don’t work I tried it a lot of times lol.

05/20/14  09:55am

Cipactli Cuetzpallin
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2305221

ESCAPED IN MY ROOM

thank you for replying. I haven’t found him (or her) yet. I’m starting to lose hope, as I have checked every single place I could in my room. I almost spent an entire day moving around book cases and emptying out the closet of anything that can be used to hide in. I’m afraid he might of gone out of my room, because even if the door was closed, there is a gap under it big enough for it to crawl under.

05/21/14  10:09pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Cipactli Cuetzpallin   In reference to Message Id: 2305236

ESCAPED IN MY ROOM

He probably escaped the room. Mine came out durin night time because everyone was sleep then I caught him after a lot of failing attempts. I even tried to have my monitors and dog search for him lol, set up cameras to record where he was coming from and the same spot were my monitors pooped was were he was and it was a little slant under the wall, but he passed a away a couple of minutes after. So don’t give up he’ll come out when u least expect it. I never owned a small reptile after that.

05/22/14  01:48am

Cipactli Cuetzpallin
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2305237

ESCAPED IN MY ROOM

Just found him right now! He was at the entrance to the hallway, outside my room. Luckily, I walked in at the right time and my dog was caged up and the lizard was against the wall. I’m just so happy to see him safe again! Thanks for helping me through this, I appreciate it!

05/23/14  06:05pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Cipactli Cuetzpallin   In reference to Message Id: 2305268

ESCAPED IN MY ROOM

YAY!!!!!! I’m so happy for you :) and your welcome just buy some cage locks for the lid so this won’t happen again because he may use the same way he got out the cage again and its never easy finding them the second time.

05/23/14  06:20pm

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area