Alligator Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Allielover   Mr. Kipling   Allielover   Mr. Kipling   Allielover  

Member  Message

Allielover
View Profile

Little lizard with big lumps in belly?

i have an aligator lizard that i got almost 2 years ago( she was pregnant then)and theirs been no real isues with her, but about 2 weeks ago i noticed a pea sized lump on her left side just below her ribs. and it dissapeared for a day then now its back and a bit bigger. and after i took her to the vet on saturday she now has another pea sized lump on her right side near her vent and hip. the bigger one has a dent in it, like if you put an elastic around a balloon. they arnt suposed to be breeding for another month or 2, so i dont think shes pregnant any ideas? please even crazy ideas.

05/02/14  03:06pm

Mr. Kipling
View Profile

Message To: Allielover   In reference to Message Id: 2304972

it sounds like your lizard may have tumors which are symptoms of metabolic bone disease. metabolic bone disease is caused by a lack of UVB and calcium. make sure your lizard has a uvb source and that it gets calcium in its diet.

05/03/14  05:51pm

Allielover
View Profile

Message To: Mr. Kipling   In reference to Message Id: 2304990

She always gets a calcium and d3 supplement and a multivitamin on her crickets and other bugs. She gets fed every 2 or 3 days and she has a uvb bulb. Also my other allies are fine, with no lumps.is it possible for baby’s to develop that quickly? She has been in with a male for several months now.

05/03/14  11:44pm

Mr. Kipling
View Profile

Message To: Allielover   In reference to Message Id: 2304993

Can you post some pics. your situation doesn’t sound too dire but I just want to make sure.

05/06/14  06:42pm

Allielover
View Profile

Message To: Mr. Kipling   In reference to Message Id: 2305024

iv never been able to upload pics to this website. idk why.
you cant really see the lumps, she just looks kinda fat. none of the lumps seemed to have changed for about a week now. she basks,eats and poops ok. none of my other allies treat her any differently from eachother. she doesent climb more than a couple inches higher than the ground, but shes never been very energetic. the babys will be 2years old in august but she could be anywhere from 4-15. im thinking towards the older side shes only shed 2 times in the almost 2 years iv had her.
she doesent seem to be in pain when i touch her lumps shes just mellow.

thankyou for replying.

05/11/14  05:57pm

Back to Alligator Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area