Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Agamas Forum

Bigun   DuckieDragon   ZigZag   Markay   Suncharmers   Herp_Haven   Phillyfan   Phillyfan   Tim W   BeardiesRUs   Herps4life007   Goodtimes   Gillybean000  
 Member  Message

Bigun
View Profile

Dwarf shield tail agamas!!!!!

Hi....anyone else out there with dwarf shield tails? These are beautiful little lizards. Come on in, sit down and lets talk about them. I’ve only had mine about 6 months. There is very little written about them. I’m sure I am not the only one with questions. I am sure I dont have many answers at this point. I hope to eventually breed my pair. But I have a lot to learn before that happens.
Tim

10/03/03  04:40pm

DuckieDragon
View Profile

Message To: Bigun   In reference to Message Id: 9511

Hey i saw a green headed agama.. ANd i think they are BEAUTIFUL!!! hows there personality and all? And could i stick one with my Bearded Dragon or no??

10/22/03  03:39pm

ZigZag
View Profile

Message To: DuckieDragon   In reference to Message Id: 11233

wat is it aney way

11/12/03  10:00pm

Markay
View Profile

Message To: ZigZag   In reference to Message Id: 13558

they actually a pretty cool species

04/04/04  07:37pm

Suncharmers
View Profile

Hi, I do, just got him about 2- 3 months ago, love the lil fellow. I was waiting on a female I would like to breed these cute little lizards but she is not ready yet.
Apparently to thin, so maybe sometime soon. :0)
I was so taken by this guy when he arrived. He is doing great, He allows me to handle him now, seems to be getting quite trusting of me. Hahahah, sees me enough in the reptile room.

He is doing good, loves his salads, and crickets. I tried to join the yahoo group for Xenagama taylori but it kind of disbanded, Not alot of people out there. I have been lucky enough to meet a few people now that have them. So thats very COOL . Now I also am meeting you, nice to meet you Tim,
Eve

12/30/04  05:19pm

Herp_Haven
View Profile

Duckie you can’t just "stick" another animal with your beardie. Differant species can not be housed together. They have differant forms of bacteria and can make each other sick. One may also carry parasites which will also spread to the bearded dragon. The result of this could be big vet bills or death.

01/12/05  08:14pm

Phillyfan
View Profile

hey i might buy one of these but i dont know if i should. i am looking for a reptile that not many people have and can sell for a lot of money (around 150) and these seem good. has anyone had luck with these

07/12/05  09:58pm

Phillyfan
View Profile

hey i might buy one of these but i dont know if i should. i am looking for a reptile that not many people have and can sell for a lot of money (around 150) and these seem good. has anyone had luck with these

07/12/05  09:59pm

Tim W
View Profile

Message To: Suncharmers   In reference to Message Id: 209014

Hi Eve,
I posted a message in this forum several years ago. I didnt get a response initially
and gave up the hunt for other owners of shield tails.....I see that you did respond a
few months after I posted.

Im sorry that I never communicated with you.

Do you still have shield tails?
Tim

03/08/07  06:36pm

BeardiesRUs
View Profile

Message To: Tim W   In reference to Message Id: 1202303

Hi Tim,

I saw your post as well regarding the Beaver tailed agama. I had one until a couple of weeks ago, but he passed away. I had him for two years, and he is saddly missed.

I was wondering if you still had one, or know of anyone that sells them. I am looking for another one, possibley two.

Thank you,

Michelle

04/17/07  05:20pm

Herps4life007
View Profile

hey i was looking at these and found a care sheet but cant find any thing on size. how big do they get?
and what size cage can they live in?

03/12/10  03:23pm

Goodtimes
View Profile

many people have done that.. though not a really good idea i know a lady with 4 diffrent kinds of lizards in one cage. put the new one alone for a while to see if he has any problems then after a month or so you can give it a shot.. but be aware of what was already said.

03/22/10  04:02pm

Gillybean000
View Profile

I’m a little late replying here :).
I got mine today i had only gone in to get some pinkies for my snake and seen him. He’s such a beautiful litle guy, he has blue on his head and a little green under his neck and hopefully soon he’ll have white strips down his back :). I got him for a great deal of £25 and know naff all about them, but i suppose i’ll learn about him as he learns about me.
I didnt know if the had water in with them all the time but put a pot in anyway he’s decided to go diving into his pot then rolled around in the sand and then whipped his body up the glass yay more cleaning after work tomorrow. I must say they are active lizards and rather fast. I love his energy. Even though i’ve had him for not 6 hour’s i’ve put food in what he’s ate, then a hour after i put my hand in and he sat himself down happily but when trying to pull him out he’s of the hand and at the back of the tank so hoping for more weeks he’ll trust me enough to take him out and play with him.
Any more advise i will be more than grateful for as i know nothing about these and there are no care sheets on the internet for him.
But i do recommend these they are such happy little thing’s

11/21/10  02:19pm

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area