Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Agamas Forum

Ster   Shive   Platedmooserick   Shive   Lizardcrazy01   Sammy-Ram   UROKEEPER  
 Member  Message

Ster
View Profile

SPINY or PALE agama INFO!!!

hi i am really interested in these lizards... they remind me very much of the bearded dragon...I have leopards...but i want somthing new...but not a beardy. i have a few questions...do they need a big tank? i hav a 36 inch long tank and also are either of them good as far as handling goes...and whats the lifesapn like...thanks!

06/21/06  07:06pm

Shive
View Profile

Message To: Ster   In reference to Message Id: 843826

pale agamas can pretty much stay in a 10 gallon tank though i have mine in a 20 gallon tank. you can keep females together but males will fight once they get older. and as far as handling them they are the most docile lizards i have ever had. they will just sit there most times. they arent very flighty either which makes them easy for children to hold also. mine eat crickets with the vitamin dusting on them and meal worms and occasionally get strawberries. and i have an undertank heater and a hood with a day light bulb that is 75 watts and a night light bulb that is 25. they do pretty well on those two sources of heat.

04/16/07  11:15pm

Platedmooserick
View Profile

I had a spiney and my 2 boys loved him thay picked him up all the time I have 2 sudan plateds and thay are about the same loved to be handeled. The life span for the spiney is about 15 years i think not real shour. Hope that helps.

05/09/07  09:27am

Shive
View Profile

Message To: Platedmooserick   In reference to Message Id: 1275503

I asked a lot of people also and they say it is best for a uvb light for the rays. I just got one a few days ago. Itís supposed to help with bone development. And I also changed the heat sources. I have just the uvb lamp and then a heat lamp for basking. I was told that would be better for them from the guy I got the lizard from in the first place. I picked the heat lamp and bulb up at Petco for 15 bucks and the uvb lamp was a bit more expensive, at 32. But itís cheaper to buy the pre-assembled lamps than just the lamp and then the bulb for the uvb lamps.

05/09/07  01:46pm

Lizardcrazy01
View Profile

Pale agama message

PLEASE!! somebody please tell me the life span of a pale agama. I just got one 3 days ago and I really need to know the life span. please msg me back

08/16/10  12:38pm

Sammy-Ram
View Profile

Message To: Lizardcrazy01   In reference to Message Id: 2169731

Pale agama message

Platedmooserick: the first lizard on this post id it a uromastyx???? cause uromastyx dislike being handled it causes them too much stress they are not the handleing type kinda lizard they are more look at me lizards! and if you keep handleing them he/she will never reach the 15 year old mark! What’s his viv like?(dimentions, and all that?)

09/18/10  08:59pm

UROKEEPER
View Profile

Message To: Sammy-Ram   In reference to Message Id: 2176143

Pale agama message

the second pic is a U. geyri or saharan uromastyx. these need a minimum of a 4x2 cage per animal and high heat and UV light. look into posting on our uromastyx forum if you need any information. They do not do well with handlings and you cannot keep them in 10,20,40 gallon tanks....way too small for these sunworshipers.

12/25/10  07:15am

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area