Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Agamas Forum

Bees-bees   Bees-bees   Diego beardy   How_goes_it   Kellyb   Bomo   Whittle   Ouaf  
 Member  Message

Bees-bees
View Profile

Does Anyone Know How To Sex Sinai Agmas?

was wondering if anyone knew how to sex sinai agmas??

i have 2 who are showing differant signs to each other was told by seller there were possible 2 girls and 1 boy but im unsure personally

can anyone advise please

thank you

sam x

05/29/06  01:44pm

Bees-bees
View Profile

Message To: Bees-bees   In reference to Message Id: 809203

THIS IS A PIC OF THE MALE..
IVE BEEN TOLD HE WILL GO VERY BLUE AS HE MATURES :)

05/29/06  01:52pm

Diego beardy
View Profile

Message To: Bees-bees   In reference to Message Id: 809209

arent those bearded dragons????

06/10/06  02:29pm

How_goes_it
View Profile

Message To: Diego beardy   In reference to Message Id: 827577

Beardies and Agamas are closely related so i’m not sure but it doesnt look like my beardie.

06/15/06  04:18am

Kellyb
View Profile

Message To: How_goes_it   In reference to Message Id: 834206

. i cant help with sexing but was wondering if you could tell me the care for these???
have read though that males have larger heaads and a row of pores underneath. dont know if thats any help.

06/16/06  12:42pm

Bomo
View Profile

Message To: Diego beardy   In reference to Message Id: 827577

Beardies don’t get blue....

06/29/06  10:23pm

Whittle
View Profile

Message To: Bees-bees   In reference to Message Id: 809203

hi i first got a sanai as my first lizard but never able to get him a partner so i gave him to a pet shop i knew and got a bearded dragon, well a couple of weeks later they was on the availability list so i ordered a female to go with my male, but when it came it was another male so i took the little male and took it home as the days went on he turned blue under his chin so ordered another female so i introduced her to my male they get on fine but sinse they got together neither of them are showing any colour so am now am stuck and dont know if i have a pair or just two males that just get on but to my knowing the males are a lovelly blue under the chin and she is like a orangy pinky color.all around her so if you know any other way to sex them would be grateful

05/19/10  06:11am

Ouaf
View Profile

Message To: Whittle   In reference to Message Id: 2148689

Hi,

like my small agama Trapelus sp, male agama sinai (Pseudotrapelus sinaitus) have a line of pré-anal "pores" but very small (don’t know the word exactly in english of "pores")
photo is better: (example with Agama agama)
Link

for the color, yes males can be all blue on their body, femelle have red-orange color on their body side or generally clear color. It’s like trapleus species, when they are heated, color is very clear and patern disappear.

sinai Agama is rare, i try to find it too. Import of African Agama has just start for europe, maybe sinai Agama too
if youy have a link for the pictures, i could tell you it’s the true sinai Agama

Best regards,
Olivier

05/19/10  11:51am

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area