Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jonnyfreemantle   DragonessJewel  

Member  Message

Jonnyfreemantle
View Profile

Help with my uro

Been and collected my uro today!
I was totally expecting my uro to hide as soon as I put him in his new home but he literally hasn’t moved at all for about 5hrs! I’m worried because it’s been cold out today and thought he would want to warm up under his heat lamp but he went straight into a hide on the cool end and literally hasn’t moved! His eyes are closed and I can’t tell if he’s breathing!
Journey from the shop was only 30mins! His tank is a 4ftx2ftx2ft basking spot is currently at 118f and the cooler end is about 80f atm
I’m wondering should I be worried or am I literally worrying about nothing? I don’t want to lift the hide to check on him as it’s already been a stressful day! He was perfectly active in the shop and was munching away on seeds when I collected him!

11/19/17  08:38am

DragonessJewel
View Profile

Message To: Jonnyfreemantle   In reference to Message Id: 2321546

Help with my uro

Moving to a new home can be stressful for uros. I’d check on him to see if he’s alive and gently move him under his heat lamp to see if he wants to warm up so he knows where the basking spot is now that it’s been a while. How’s he doing now?

I’ve never had a uro, but I’ve been doing some research on them to try and help since I am a reptile geek and my room is a pet sanctuary for all kinds of critters :)

11/20/17  06:10pm

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area