View Profile

Butterfly agama?

How big do butterfly agamas get?

05/13/13  05:54pm

Rexxaroo
View Profile

Message To: KitKat12   In reference to Message Id: 2297252

Butterfly agama?

Google a care sheet, this forum is pretty dead. Hows your iggy?

Rexx

05/15/13  02:42am

KitKat12
View Profile

Message To: Rexxaroo   In reference to Message Id: 2297353

Butterfly agama?

I sold my iggy to my friend that has more experience with reptiles so i could get something easier to tame and i can go see it whenever i want.

05/15/13  06:19pm

Rexxaroo
View Profile

Message To: KitKat12   In reference to Message Id: 2297374

Butterfly agama?

Ah, you should stick with a bearded dragon. It is very easy to tame, they have a lot of character, and are wonderful pets.

Rexx

05/15/13  09:08pm

KitKat12
View Profile

Message To: Rexxaroo   In reference to Message Id: 2297379

Butterfly agama?

Yea, they are pretty cool. I got a baby savannah monitor.

05/15/13  09:46pm

Rexxaroo
View Profile

Message To: KitKat12   In reference to Message Id: 2297381

Butterfly agama?

So you sold the ig to someone who has more experience so you could get something easier to tame, and got a sav? You do realize they get MUCH bigger than an ig, are far more dangerous and aggressive, and require a far larger cage and are more expensive and difficult to keep?

I think you ought to revise your decision Kitkat, a sav is not for you if you couldn’t handle an iguana.
I believe you only want something exotic and cool looking, not for the animal itself.

Get a chinese water dragon, or a frilled dragon if you want exotic but easy to tame.
I applaud you for pursuing herpetology as a hobby, but please hear me out. You and the animal you care for will be better off in the long run if you get something you can handle.

I am not trying to discourage or bash you, but i have been caring for these animals for a long time, and know what it takes. I have also been part of the forums for a long time, and i love coming here to help people like yourself.

I would be certainly happy to help you with any advice you have on the animal you’d like to keep, but you really should get an animal that is in your experience level.
Good luck.

Rexx

05/16/13  12:52am

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area