Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Agamas Forum

DanaJ   Bob and Yoshi   Faruki3192   Bob and Yoshi   Faruki3192  
 Member  Message

DanaJ
View Profile

I want a agama

OK,I’m interested in agama’s. Do they live in America?What is the most likely price for them if they’re in petstores?What petstores would I find them in?How big do they get and much do they eat?

10/17/11  08:59am

Bob and Yoshi
View Profile

Message To: DanaJ   In reference to Message Id: 2240837

I want a agama

Agams do not live in america they are in Africa,Asia,Australia,and a few in Southern Europe there are about 37 species of Agamas the most common agama is of the genius Agama Agama known as the red headed rock agama you also have the Ground Agama, Tropical Spiny Agama, Bocourt’s Agama, Mali Agama, Nigeria Agama, Bibron’s Agama, False Agama, Senegal Agama, Chinese Water Dragon, Australian Water Dragon, Mountain Horned Lizard, Frilled Dragon,Sailfin Dragon and many more lol thats all I can name off the top of my head you can google the names to get an idea of them , they range in pricing from 20 dollars sometimes up to 180 dollars depending on species usually the more rare the higher the price you can get a red headed agama for about 20 dollars on the other hand a frilled dragon or a sailfin dragon can cost you 180 dollars they also range in sizes as well from 8 inches up to 5 ft+ do keep in mind that most agamids sold at pet stores are wild caught your best bet would be to find an online breeder you may pay a little more but in the long run it will well be worth it and to answer your last question agamids are mainly insectevours meaning they eat insects so if feeding cricket and big squishy bugs to an animal then an agama may not be for you also keep in mind that most agamas are a view only lizard some do not tame well with few exceptions like a chinese water dragon or mountain horn lizard do some research and pick 3 that you are very interested in then get back to me and let me knw your choices and if you have any other questions let me knw as well

10/17/11  11:04am

Faruki3192
View Profile

Message To: Bob and Yoshi   In reference to Message Id: 2240849

I want a agama

where i went it cost $10 so i bought two

11/02/11  12:07am

Bob and Yoshi
View Profile

Message To: Faruki3192   In reference to Message Id: 2242691

I want a agama

awesome wat type did you get?