Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Agamas Forum

Alexxx23   ThesaurusRex   Galanoth   Kelso reptiles   Reptileruler1  
 Member  Message

Alexxx23
View Profile

Are good looking Red Headed Agamas hard to find?

It seems like all the male red headed agamas i find on online pet stores are all ugly and barely blue and red like they are supposed to be. I know that males turn brighter during the day but im scared im going to get one that isnt colorful thinking it will turn colorful later then be stuck with a ugly agama. Do some male red headed agamas just not have a lot of color? Or do they all look the same when it heats up and their color changes? For example, did they take the second picture when it wasnt warm so the agamas color was dull? or is it just like that? Compare these two and youll know that in talking about

05/08/11  06:58pm

ThesaurusRex
View Profile

Message To: Alexxx23   In reference to Message Id: 2218062

I saw a good-looking red headed agama over at LLL Reptile one time. He was really red and blue. Perhaps it’s just that they turn that color on breeding season?

05/28/11  06:54am

Galanoth
View Profile

Message To: ThesaurusRex   In reference to Message Id: 2221402

Well it depends on where you live. There are lots of red agamas in semi-desert and scrubland spread throughout Africa so it really depends what reptile store you go to.

05/30/11  01:22am

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Galanoth   In reference to Message Id: 2221647

well if you live in florida theres a couple of plases that you can find them invasive in the wild

08/05/11  11:02pm

Reptileruler1
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2231917

usually it is a matter of getting the reptile heated up which most pet stores don’t do. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the basking temp in a red head agama cage should be at 120 F. I went to a pet smart that had one and the basking spot was like 92. secondly it’s where they are collected some are more colorful in different places than others same is true for Collared lizards.

08/07/11  12:17am

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area