Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Agamas Forum

DraconianPet   Ouaf   DraconianPet   DraconianPet   DraconianPet   DraconianPet  
 Member  Message

DraconianPet
View Profile

Just Got My Great AngleHead Dragon

I just bought a Great Angle Head Dragon(Gonocephalus grandis ) two days ago from LLLReptiles at Escondido. I havent seen it eat lately but Im guessing it needs time to adjust. There are no "Good" care sheets I can find about them, but I have read and researched about this animal. Can anyone from their experience tell me more of taking care of them? And can you please post pics on juvenile male and females because I am planning on buying a male soon when the female settles in. Can they be kept in groups with one male and several females?

03/08/10  09:26pm

Ouaf
View Profile

Message To: DraconianPet   In reference to Message Id: 2131217

Hi,
it’s not an animal for a beginner. Very aggressive. Tend them in roomy and well structured terrariums. Amongst each other males are very irreconcilable.

the problem like other Agama species: there are Wild Capture specimen in the shop so more difficult to offer a good terrarium
it’ll better to tend them alone.
Terrarium is like a terrarium for chaemeleon, with more place for the larger and do the terrarium like a rain forest

i don’t have experience with this specie but take this caresheet from a good german importer of them

caresheet:

they are from Thailand, Malaysia, Borneo, Sumatra
in the rain forests

Temperature and Humidity
day: 26-28°C local heat spots 30°C.
Night 20-22°C.
humidity 80-95%, the upper humidity in the night
it’s easiest if you have "a cold cellar" or cold room

Reproduction
several clutches 6 eggs.
Incubation 22°C 70-90 days.

Substrate and Cage Furniture
loose, absorptive substrate
Robust furniture. Climbing facilities, planting is feasible (Ficus benjamina, F. pumila, Scindapsus etc.). Various hiding places and a large water tank with a waterfall or similar make up the basic configuration of the terrarium (possibly even an aquaterrarium).

food
cricktets, grasshoppers, cockroaches, super mealworms, etc. freshly born mice
Regular additions of minerals and vitamins

Regards, Olivier

03/12/10  08:46am

DraconianPet
View Profile

Message To: Ouaf   In reference to Message Id: 2132214

My anglehead is 10inches long 2/3 of it as its tail; and thank you for the care sheet. I will follow it as best as I can and see if its true. I went to LLLReptiles today and they did me a favor by feeding my GAHL a dewormer medicine. Now I just have to wait and see. Hopefully he will be happy and healthy. My GAHL is currently in a 55 breeder. But as soon as I get money and When it grows up I will be buying a reptarium with plexiglass on the side to keep humidity in. I will update this post when my GAHL is eating or not.

03/14/10  03:03am

DraconianPet
View Profile

Message To: DraconianPet   In reference to Message Id: 2132718

03/14/10  04:00am

DraconianPet
View Profile

Message To: DraconianPet   In reference to Message Id: 2132722

03/14/10  04:05am

DraconianPet