Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Agamas Forum

87rx7chick   Keejane   87rx7chick   Keejane   87rx7chick  
 Member  Message

87rx7chick
View Profile

Its a fricken dinosaur!!!

well i found a place that is selling sail fin dragons at a very good price. they are imported hatchlings that are long term captive for 4 months. hatched, shipped, and raised for 4 months before shiped and sold.

i was so so at buying one but at the price it was i said why not.

to my surprise the reptile i got was in PERFECT beautiful condition. silky vibrant glossy skin all toes no tail missing and very well hydrated and mostly plump.

he is very skittish and VERY FAST so i have only been able to take a few pictures of him. he’s in a 100 gallon tank with 78 ambient temp and 115 basking spot nice gradient available for him.

heres the few pictures i snuck yesterday after a few hours of him setteling in.

heres a few pictures of him today. i had to catch him because i wanted to fully examin him and make sure he had no issues with him, i didnt do so yesterday to minimize stress.

i was holding him and checking him out. he seemed very curious and alert. i ran my finger along his jaw line and he slightly opened his mouth. this is something i do to test the tolerance of the reptile, i went to the roach bin and pulled out a roach. i then ran my finger along his jaw line and his mouth opened , i lifted the roach near him and to my amazement he stretched out and stuck his tong out far trying to reach the roach!!!! i bang the roach closer and CHOMP!!!!! he ate right in front of me right out of my hand.. wow what a GREAT sign!!!!

heres some pictures of his dinosaur like teeth, oh yes and his mouth is blue.. amazing!

i let him go back in his enclosure and he ran off into his water making a huge splash.. he then continued chewing his roach and swallowed it...

:)

obtw heres some pix of what he will look like when he is older if he is a male

10/31/09  04:35pm

Keejane
View Profile

Message To: 87rx7chick   In reference to Message Id: 2090367

I wouldn’t have even bothered posting anything tbh, noone seems to use this forum.

11/01/09  01:36pm

87rx7chick
View Profile

Message To: Keejane   In reference to Message Id: 2090606

how depressing

11/01/09  03:48pm

Keejane
View Profile

Message To: 87rx7chick   In reference to Message Id: 2090634

Your telling me!! I’m usually in the uromastyx forum, it seems that that one and the komoda dragon one are the only places used any more!! Sucks......

11/02/09  03:15am

87rx7chick
View Profile

Message To: Keejane   In reference to Message Id: 2090910

water dragons bearded dragons sections are going just fine. chameleon section too. frill dragon section is so so but we’re able to help people out who need it, i check it almost daily.

11/02/09  01:12pm

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area