Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Agamas Forum

Sobee   Deadvenom-x   Jacindali  
 Member  Message

Sobee
View Profile

Water dragon question!!!

His tail seems to be black n really dry on the end, n started falling off! he probly lost about a half n inch of it already! An its also is bumpy!
Ive had him now for about nine months, hes was just a baby when i got him n still is pretty small. He just had his first sheading about 3 weeks ago, thats when his tail started to look bad.
I have been giving him calcium about once a week. The brand is called Repto Cal w vitamin D3. not sure if thats a good brand or not! So if anyone has advice, please give!!!

Oh and he seems to fall aseep alot when ever i hold him. Ill just pet him n he will go right to sleep n not wake up! Its almost like he is playing dead, an as soon as he wakes up he kinda freaks out a little until he relizes where he is. So if anyones water dragon acts like this just let me know cause Im not to sure if thats normal or not!

04/07/09  04:15pm

Deadvenom-x
View Profile

Message To: Sobee   In reference to Message Id: 1981794

Water dragon question!!!

sounds like shed skin constriction. You best need to up your humidity. Water dragons require high humidity. Pretty soon, his toes will start doing this as well Usually when a lizard closes there eyes, they are afraid as in a sense of " i dont see you, you dont see me" majority of the time. what are your enclosure temps, humidity, set-up and enclosure size? What type of lighting do you use? best go to the water dragon forum as well for further help if no one can help you here.

04/08/09  02:04pm

Jacindali
View Profile

Message To: Sobee   In reference to Message Id: 1981794

Water dragon question!!!

I am not sure what to tell u on the tail issue, as I have no experience in that. But the going to sleep when u hold him thing, I can say that my water dragon did the same thing and she was just fine. She would just relax and close her eyes and tilt her head to side as if to say "ahhhh", lol. And then she’d wake up and start wiggling all around. So that behavior is normal so far as I can tell. :) Has the tail situation gotten any better?

09/21/09  09:31am

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area