Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Agamas Forum

Deadvenom-x   ReptiGal94   Deadvenom-x   ReptiGal94   Deadvenom-x   ReptiGal94   Agamarama   Deadvenom-x  
 Member  Message

Deadvenom-x
View Profile

Sudden aggression??

despite the lack of people here..im gonna post! just recently(about a week ago) my female pale agama suddenly became aggressive...she’s never been like this beofre but everytime i go near her in the tank or hold her she freaks out and puffs her throat up and tries to bite...also i noticed a change in her posture....usually she is low profile always stickign herself on something hiding...and now she has been sticking her tail straight up in the air......just wondering what the heck is going on:P my male doesnt do that..he hasnt changed much
they are in a 30 gallon in a desert set up etc...lets say a bearded dragon temp and set up lol

oh and had them since May

09/30/08  10:50pm

ReptiGal94
View Profile

Message To: Deadvenom-x   In reference to Message Id: 1872069

Sudden aggression??

Do you know how old they are? It could be that she’s gravid or has laid eggs. Try cleaning out the cage and checking corners and hide boxes.

10/01/08  11:05am

Deadvenom-x
View Profile

Message To: ReptiGal94   In reference to Message Id: 1872281

Sudden aggression??

they are adults....and she isnt gravid(which was my first thought as well)...shes her normal weight and currently there isnt enough sand for them to dig that much lol...need to get more xD

10/01/08  04:08pm

ReptiGal94
View Profile

Message To: Deadvenom-x   In reference to Message Id: 1872442

Sudden aggression??

Try some more sand, or she’s possibly ready to shed?

10/13/08  07:21pm

Deadvenom-x
View Profile

Message To: ReptiGal94   In reference to Message Id: 1880286

Sudden aggression??

lol yea...i need to get more :P going to soon. i dont tihnk she is ready to shed....no difference in color my male just shed though...she’s calmed down alot but not the same ol’ calm one i once knew...ah well

sometimes i wonder if she was wild caught...she likes to take off on me alot...my male has the attitude like "i dont give a crap" and just lounges around..they are the extreme opposites:P

hehe my dorks:P random i know..but i need to show them off sometimes XD

10/13/08  11:54pm

ReptiGal94
View Profile

Message To: Deadvenom-x   In reference to Message Id: 1880481

Sudden aggression??

Aw wow! They are gorgeous!!! It kinda makes me sad that I never got pictures of my baby. D:
She might be wild caught. Most animals that haven’t been bought from a specific breeder every time are usually wild caught. I’m almost 99% sure that my agama was wild caught. You couldn’t even bribe him with silkworms to sit still. :P
Though depending on how you raise them, sometimes it doesn’t matter if they’re wild caught. My iguana, Diamond was almost definitely wild caught(he even has the broken tail) and he thinks he’s a lapdog. He cuddles with ANYTHING. That includes my cat, my sister’s Ball Python, random visitors to my house, blankets, and the occasional stuffed animal. :D

11/16/08  05:24pm

Agamarama
View Profile

Message To: ReptiGal94   In reference to Message Id: 1899661

Sudden aggression??

an old thread i know - but my female is the exct same, when i got her she was fine but then went the same way yours did, puffs throat out and goes skittish - male is fine just lazes around - how are yours now? my female seems tempremental some days she is fine others she is a head case - hmmm a lot like humans arent they lol

07/23/10  05:44pm

Deadvenom-x
View Profile

Message To: Agamarama   In reference to Message Id: 2164640

Sudden aggression??

my male acted like a stoner...very lazy. Im starting to wonder if it’s a gender thing. I have a pair of Toad Headed Agamas and my male is lazy where as my female is active. As for them, my male passed last year...my female is now with my dad 7 hours away. This is a scary old thread lmao

07/25/10  05:26pm

Back to Agamas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area