Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

*Snakes-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tess_523   Snakesitter   Beardeddragonn   Snakesitter   Lil.Leslie  

Member  Message

Tess_523
View Profile

I just found my snake after being 3 months he’s hurt !!

I have a two year old ball python just recently I had lost him he got out of his cage and months went by and I just found him he is injured there is a chunk of skin missing I can see the inside of him!!! He hasn’t had food for a really long time I honestly thought he got out of the house somehow abut no idk what to do I don’t have money to take him to the vet please help!!

07/18/15  01:43am

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Tess_523   In reference to Message Id: 2314257

Tess, call your local herp society or a reptile rescue and ask for advice. A local vet might be willing to give you a discount due to the situation. Also post a picture of his injuries, so that members experienced with similar conditions can give advice. In the meantime, clean and disinfect the area as best you can, make sure he has access to water, and keep him a few degrees warmer than usual to speed up his immune system.

Good luck!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

07/22/15  01:45pm

Beardeddragonn
View Profile

Message To: Snakesitter   In reference to Message Id: 2314289

Take him to the vet, get a defrosted mouse, soak it in chicken broth, put it in a dish in there, get a water bowl for him, this is all after you take him to the vet. Fill it with like a half inch to two inches of water. Enough so that he does not drown. Try to clean the wound. But try not to make it sting too much. (Note: Peroxide hurts really bad). There’s this red cleaning stuff that stings really bad too. Clean it out with water, then put like reptile ointment on it. There’s this stuff called reptile wound spray, look it up then its like the first one. There’s pictures and stuff. Then put bandages on it. Like gauze will work. And wrap it around like twice. If its bleeding, you definitely need to do this. Take him to the vet after you clean it and wrap it. Put him in a carrier. i’ve never had this happen before, though. But I’m experienced. Take him to the vet and tell me (us) what they say!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

09/20/15  10:42pm

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Beardeddragonn   In reference to Message Id: 2314965

Excellent advice, Beardeddragonn. Hopefully the OP sees it!

09/21/15  01:47pm

Lil.Leslie
View Profile

Message To: Tess_523   In reference to Message Id: 2314257

One of my snakes had a similar accident when he shed wrong and damaged a few scales, if you cant get into a vet right away, do some research to see if you can identify infections, keep your snakes habitat slightly warmer than usual, and if you can gently clean it with lukewarm water and if possible a bit of gauze. Maybe if you can contact a rescue organization they would be able to help with more advice or a lower cost.

10/02/15  04:05pm

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area