Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

*Snakes-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kelso reptiles   Kelso reptiles   Snakesitter   Takahiro111   Snakesitter   Cphill58   Snakesitter  

Member  Message

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Teaching about snakes

I feel good!! Today i taught my neighbor and her 3 kids a little about snakes. at first i could see they didint like snakes much, the mom shivered at the sight of the snake. the little daughter i believe is almost 3 but was scared at first. and the 2 boys were saying ew, but in the end the little girl was wanting to pet the snake and the boys were saying how cool it was while holding the little snake. made me feel good to see people change their view on snakes even just a little bit.
snakes are defiantly not given enough credit when needed. i think if we can all teach just one person to think better about snakes, they dont even have to keep them just to make them think more before thinking of how "gross and slimy" or of trying to kill it, then well it would just be an amazing thing.

the snake i found and used to show and teach them with was a adult western shovel-nose snake, which is an avid burrowing snake that feeds on insects. they live most of their life underground "swimming" literally, through loose sand looking for places to pop up and prey upon expecting prey/insects. they rarely get longer then about 17 inches.

04/26/15  08:17pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2313362

Teaching about snakes

also the snake was released immediately back into the wild where it was recovered unharmed.

04/26/15  08:19pm

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2313363

Teaching about snakes

WTG Kelso! You did a good job, both by snake and humans.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

04/28/15  01:25pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2313363

Teaching about snakes

Thats great kelso. I also take my reptiles to show people how great they are me and my mother was just discussing on getting me a reptile educator license.

04/28/15  04:49pm

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2313384

Teaching about snakes

They make you get a license to share hobby knowledge?! Wow. :-(

04/30/15  01:42pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Snakesitter   In reference to Message Id: 2313418

Teaching about snakes

NICE JOB KELSO...

I was asked to be the Steve Irwin of a recent birthday party... 8 foot RTB... 4 ft King ... 4 Ft iguana

The kids were wowed and mesmerized and all of them got to hold the boa and pet and feed the iggy treats. The king ...he was held captive by one young lady all day. I said if you are going to hold him you must be "In Charge" and not let him escape. She ran back to her parents saying she is in charge and no one else. LOL... what a treat to see the kids with undaunted spirits and the parents shrinking away. Soon after even some of the parents were of changed minds.

I was asked later if I had a business card .... make note to self...get business card.

04/30/15  05:12pm

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2313422

Teaching about snakes

And so launched his billion-dollar career change... ;-)

05/05/15  01:12pm

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area