*Snakes-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Kuzca   Snakesitter   Cphill58   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Kuzca
View Profile

Stacking Snake Tanks?

I currently have a year old BCI, and a 2 year old corn snake. They are currently in modified fish tanks 30-45 gallons.

I definitely want to get more snakes in the future and I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on stacking display tanks. (Won’t stack for awhile yet, at least not til my BCI is bigger).

Should I build it myself?
Are there good places to buy/order?

I wouldn’t know how to set up the heating (UTH?), so if you could add links on how to set up stacking tanks that would be awesome!

04/20/15  02:25pm

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Kuzca   In reference to Message Id: 2313282

Stacking Snake Tanks?

Kuzca, welcome t0 the forum. Your snakes sound cool -- we’d love to see picts some time!

As for stacking enclosures, only do so if they are designed for it, or if you build your own. Otherwise you risk structural failure or overheating. I personally use Boaphiles (and have heard good things about Animal Plastics), but neither are cheap.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

04/24/15  01:58pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Snakesitter   In reference to Message Id: 2313341

Stacking Snake Tanks?

Back in Calif I purchased and used these units called "critter condos" using google I searched and this popped up

critter condos

These stack just fine ...and display great. I would create a 2x4 perimeter frame with studs so they don’t bow in the middle if you get anything longer than four feet .... I have some 6 ft units now and before making the frame to add structural support they bowed a bit in the middle.

Imagine a wall laid on the floor.... or in between each unit ceiling / floor

Uth work really well and even penetrate through the wood to create warmth. But I graduated to HEAT PANELS and will never look back...more money, sure , but well worth it.

My BCI is now 8 feet and the retic is 10..........6 x 2 x 2 stacked and smaller enclosures on that. Since heat travels up the top enclosures don’t need anything extreme...maybe a CHE in winter time on a lamp dimmer or thermostat.

For Animal plastics ...google them
For Boaphile ....google them

04/30/15  05:24pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2313424

Stacking Snake Tanks?

the link is supposed to take you to a facebook page...sorry it seems broken here
Critter-condo-cages

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Critter-condo-cages/659746724075942

Become a distributor and get special pricing

more critter condos

04/30/15  05:32pm

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area