*Snakes-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tom kitty   Kelso reptiles   Snakesitter   Snakesitter  

Member  Message

Tom kitty
View Profile

Snake for my birthday

hey guys well its going to be my fourteenth birthday and my parents is letting me have my own snake but i also want a male lizard for my lizzy should i get a snake or a lizard?????????

04/12/15  03:13pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Tom kitty   In reference to Message Id: 2313162

Snake for my birthday

first off DO RESEARCH!!!!! lots of it even when you think you have done enough do more!! owning a snake or a lizard is not "a easy pet" they take alot of responsibility and care.
second the choice is up to you... but only after research!!! snakes depending on the species dont need to be fed as regular as lizards so that "can" be an advantage to "so called easy " but their are many lizards like leopard geckos and bearded dragons that are far more friendly and able to be handled better with less risk of stress. but ball pythons, milk snakes, corn snakes, and king snakes make friendly good pet snakes also.

you say your only 14 so i doubt you have experience and if any far beyond catching and keeping wild caught lizards.

so please look into research of the kind of lizard or snake you want and into the care before even thinking of getting one, then get the habitat all set up too first.

04/12/15  09:57pm

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2313166

Snake for my birthday

Hi Tom, and welcome to the forum.

One item to keep in mind is parental patience. I’d go with whichever will be *harder* to convince them to add later, so that you can maximize your chances of (eventually) getting both....once, that is, you have done your research and know you can meet the chosen species’ needs!

Do you have a shortlist of possible wants yet?

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

04/13/15  01:49pm

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Snakesitter   In reference to Message Id: 2313170

Snake for my birthday

Tom, you still with us? ;-)

04/17/15  02:05pm

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area