Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

*Snakes-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Takahiro111   Xkabx   Takahiro111   Xkabx   Cphill58   FloridaHerps01   Takahiro111   Xkabx   Snakesitter   Takahiro111   Xkabx   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Takahiro111
View Profile

Whats heavy to you!!!

What’s the heaviest reptile you’ve held and how much did it weight??? I finally had free time so I thought of something fun to post to kill some time ;) my largest was my 17’ burm whose 100+ lbs, 8’ redtail is 40+ lbs and finally my water monitor whose 30+ lbs....I didn’t include my tegu and sav because there both only 4’ and isn’t really heavy lol..soooo what’s yours??

Note I really didn’t hold them due to their large size so they were partially dragged so I’m not sure if that counts as holding something(there large and I’m only 5’5").

12/07/14  05:10am

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2311193

Whats heavy to you!!!

biggest snake ive owned was my hog island boa, she was around 5-6 foot and weighed 8 pounds. your burm prolly poops bigger ha!

12/07/14  07:10am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2311196

Whats heavy to you!!!

I always wanted a hog island boa....I’m so jealous but I want a pure one not one that’s crossbred. His poop is as big as a cats poop and sometimes it stinks and disgusting my mom or boyfriend won’t even help me clean out the cage. My mom is scared of all the big ones she only like the water dragons because their docile towards her and my bf on the other hand got bit by my burm,monitor and struck at by the boa. But good thing it was nip and let go nothing serious. But xkabx how are hog island boas?? I wanted to get an adult :)

12/07/14  08:25am

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2311198

Whats heavy to you!!!

mine was a big suck, loved being handled, very curious snake. they are so beautiful! and the color changes are amazing to see, its like having three different snakes dark phase light phase and awesome phase. if you can get one I would, great snakes!

12/07/14  01:20pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2311208

Whats heavy to you!!!

I took my 8 foot BCI boa in for a 2 year check up... 34 lbs of pure muscle ...out weighs the 10 foot retic easily by 5-10 lbs.

The Female Iguana ( maxine ) weighs in at a plumb 9 lbs. About 8 years old , estimated, and 4.5 feet including tail.

I have had rabbits that weigh close to 16 lbs.

I wish Takahiro would post some pictures of this mythical Burm...They are gorgeous snakes.

X I will never forget your boa and her story. As I am sure you never will as well.

Wishing you all the best throughout the season and MERRY CHRISTMAS

12/07/14  07:29pm

FloridaHerps01
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2311217

Whats heavy to you!!!

Approx. 140 Lb. Macrochelys temminckii found while swimming in a river tributary. 49 inch long carapace and about 8 feet below surface of water. Sucker had some sharp back nails and I left it alone pretty darn fast once I found out how sharp haha. This was coming up on 13 years ago.

12/07/14  08:19pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: FloridaHerps01   In reference to Message Id: 2311220

Whats heavy to you!!!

Xkabx: I’m trying to get a hog island boa and rainbow boa but the ones I have now just take up to much room lol I had to sacrifice my game room now it looks like a reptile house in a zoo. But I’m still nagging my mom to let me get it...she’s so paranoid she said it would eat me but its way smaller than all the others.

Cphill58: Omg that burm sounds so beautiful, its okay if you can’t posts a pic :) have a great christmas holiday. I’ll be spending it with my mom and reptiles since I got all them gifts as well and cute santa hats to wear lol.

Floridaherps01: Lol its good you lefted it alone

******HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY ;)********

12/07/14  09:01pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2311224

Whats heavy to you!!!

the pain of losing her is gone but I will never forget that snake, I had to learn a whole lot in a hurry, put a ton of effort into her but in the end that monster nose bump was just something I couldn’t fix and she would never fully recover from.

this is the day she arrived

right outta the box you can see her mouth breathing, but she was shipped from 500km away so there was no returning her, thinking back now im glad I couldn’t I loved that girl!

our first encounter! yeah I was a touch nervous, biggest snake I had ever held.

she was a great snake!! looking back through the pics put a smile on my face after a rough day at work! I hope you guys enjoy them as much as I did digging them up and seeing them for the first time in a long time.

12/08/14  11:43am

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2311239

Whats heavy to you!!!

LOL my biggest rainbow is only 2700-ish grams. No competition!

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

12/08/14  02:02pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2311239

Whats heavy to you!!!

Omg I’m sorry for your lost she looks like a awesome snake and big too compared to the ones in pictures. I don’t know I don’t need another snake that I have to worry about getting snacked on by lol. My adult burm struck at my shoulder today because I tripped and fell on him(he was hiding under my clothes pile).

Its great to hear from you snakesitter. How’s the breeding going?? :)

12/08/14  02:09pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2311247

Whats heavy to you!!!

takahiro that hog is a great example of why you shouldn’t have a free roam snake. the owner that had her before me let her roam his bedroom and said he had a light on in his closet for her as a hot spot! that’s the reason she got that monster nose bump, rubbing something in his room, the nose bump caused the mouth breathing which lead to the ri that made her spit out bubbles constantly!!
all that has gotta be enough but if it isn’t, how disgusting is it to "find" a snakes waste by stepping in it? nasty!!!

also you asked chris to see a pic of his burm but he was referring to you posting a pic of yours, im pretty sure he doesn’t have one.

12/09/14  12:03pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2311257

Whats heavy to you!!!

Ohhh he was asking for a pic of mine...I feel stupid. My camera is messed up because it feel down the stair and my phone cracked too so I been depressed ever since :’( but hopefully I get a new one soon and I’ll post pics. And why would he let his snake free roam that way, I let them free roam but not live out the cage and I clean after. If one of my reptiles pass away I’ll get a hog island boa its not that I don’t want it, they eat more than I do and the care expense is beyond high and I have to work two jobs and go to school soi have to make time but at the same time work and try to graduate highschool and I struggle but at the same time I made a commitment to care for these monster size reptiles correctly.

12/09/14  02:10pm

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area