*Snakes-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Takahiro111   Kelso reptiles   Takahiro111   Kelso reptiles   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Takahiro111
View Profile

Weird snake

I don’t pay attention to my snake while it roams my room because its impossible to lose something that big if I’m correct but I was studying to take my military test (asap). I looked from the corner of my eye and saw him staring at me flickering his tongue...I didn’t scream to startle him but it scared the crap outta me so did this happen to anyone else? I spoke to my vet and he said he must be curious of what I was doing.

08/30/14  12:19am

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2309132

Weird snake

that sounds exactly like what he was doing see snakes don’t really see like humans can, tho burms do have heat seeking pits, they still don’t see like a human..so they rely mostly on smell which is why they constantly are sicking their tongue in and out of the tongue, they flick it out and pick up particles of smell and bring them into the mouth and stick the tongue into the top of the mouth into the Jacobson organ, from their they can tell if your potential prey, or get a scence of what going on.

ive had my 4 foot ball python i used to have, when i walked into the room he would slowly creep out of the cage and watch me even move his head when i moved out of his vision

08/30/14  01:50pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2309145

Weird snake

Thanks kelso...I thought my snake was the only one that did this but my boa never stood up and stared at me like that before :/ could it be their both just diffrent in some way?

08/30/14  02:15pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2309146

Weird snake

of coarse, thats what im here for... and yes, like every human, all snakes are different, they have their own personalities

08/30/14  07:30pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2309151

Weird snake

Your right and thanks again for your help :)

08/30/14  08:43pm

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area