*Snakes-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Takahiro111   Snakesitter   Xkabx   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Takahiro111
View Profile

THINK WELL!!!

I wonder sometimes if people make commitments when buying a large reptile...people buy crocs/gators/ burms,retics/monitors and other giant reptiles to show off but in 2-3 years you got this giant animal that became aggressive or you wanna throw it on someone else because you can care for it and most of the time the animal isn’t even mature yet.NOTE:I’m not saying everyone is like this. But it makes me a little upset...what do you guys/girls think? I’m just saying to new reptile owners or ones that hasn’t own something huge just know what your getting into because every reptile will have a diffrent personality for ex. not every bp will be docile because its known to be.

Just looking out for you guys!!! :) :)

08/18/14  11:07pm

Snakesitter
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2308642

THINK WELL!!!

I agree.

I think that every pet sale should be required, by law, to include information about the pet’s eventual size and requirements, and that this would go a long way in eliminating bad owner-pet matches.

Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility
Website, Facebook

08/20/14  02:00pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Snakesitter   In reference to Message Id: 2308701

THINK WELL!!!

I give care sheets with every ball python I sell. I don’t care if the person says they have them or breed them or whatever, I need to know that the new owner knows what they are getting into for myself. I couldn’t imagine not doing that with burms or retics or anything really, this is one topic where im all for alittle more regulation cause there seems to be none.

08/20/14  02:26pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Snakesitter   In reference to Message Id: 2308701

THINK WELL!!!

I’m happy someone agrees :) most of my reptiles are rescues and kinda give aways because they got to big.

08/20/14  06:46pm

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area