Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*Snakes-General Forum

Your_only_nightmare   Frankykeno   Your_only_nightmare   Dane_Zoo  
 Member  Message

Your_only_nightmare
View Profile

Does anyones snake have a routine?

werid question...

but like with my carpet pythons.... she will sleep in her pot.... between the times of 2 - 5pm, she will come out from sleeping, and come out and sit on her perch (if shes in blue she will just hide away)

then she muct go back in her pot, in the erly hours of the morning.

also, all my snakes know when its feeding time on a sunday.... she will all be looking out of their viv and waiting.

one of my adult corns, who is now 6 years old.... when i get home from work, he will come to the door of his viv waiting to come out.

11/01/07  06:39am

Frankykeno
View Profile

Message To: Your_only_nightmare   In reference to Message Id: 1497427

Iíve noticed most of our snakes learn simple routines or develop their habits around our routines with them. Especially with the ball pythons, simple repetitive habits seem to help them live a less stressful life but even the boas and the milksnake do a lot of things pretty much like clockwork.

Feeding night around here is hilarious. Pretty much by late afternoon all 21 snakes are out in their "hey whereís my dinner!" postures. They know by routine and habit that itís time to get fed later that night.

11/04/07  07:09am

Your_only_nightmare
View Profile

Message To: Frankykeno   In reference to Message Id: 1500615

yes, i normally have 22 snakes just looking thru the glass at me waiting, its quite cute, funny how they know!

11/04/07  03:11pm

Dane_Zoo
View Profile

Message To: Your_only_nightmare   In reference to Message Id: 1500989

my corn and ball know when its time to eat, my hognose and milk i havnt had long enough

11/04/07  08:47pm

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area