Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*Snakes-General Forum

SnakeBabeFreak2006   Snowmen   Frankykeno   Addicted  
 Member  Message

SnakeBabeFreak2006
View Profile

Any Snakes owners get a negative response from the public because you..........

keep snakes as pets?I do.I also work at Prospect Park Zoo(on the weekends),and I do live Animal Encounters with Reptiles,Invertebrates,Insects,Arachnids,Small Mammals,&Birds.When I take the snake out of the pillowcase some people run out of the Animal Theater.Most people would not pet the snake.I work with Boas,Pythons,Ratsnakes,Kingsnakes,Cornsnakes,&Milksnakes.I educate the public about Wildlife.I love Animals.Iím studying to be a Veterinary Technician.

06/12/07  11:04am

Snowmen
View Profile

Message To: SnakeBabeFreak2006   In reference to Message Id: 1315458

Im looking to be somthing like that when i leave school next year and was wondering was qualifications u need and how ud go about getting the job?

06/12/07  12:16pm

Frankykeno
View Profile

Message To: Snowmen   In reference to Message Id: 1315531

Iím a 44 year old mother of 4. Kind of your typical mom really. People always kind of blink and do a double take when they find out our family lives quite happily with 16 snakes (13 ball pythons, 2 boaís and a milksnake). Itís like they expect people who keep snakes to be wierdoís or something LOL. We recently did a snake show/educational visit to our sonís school with 5 of our snakes and it was great fun!

06/12/07  08:39pm

Addicted
View Profile

Message To: Frankykeno   In reference to Message Id: 1316214

Of course i have got negative responses,thatís just the way the general public is.Itís funny the same people that have spent a ton of money on a pure bred dog look at me like i have three heads when they ask how much certain snakes cost.It comes with the territory.

06/12/07  10:22pm

Back to *Snakes-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area