*Lizards-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to *Lizards-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

DucksOnQuack57   DucksOnQuack57   Takahiro111   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

DucksOnQuack57
View Profile

Need help choosing a lizard

I have a crested gecko and a leopard gecko already. I want a bigger lizard, I asked my local pet store the NEXT step up from a beardy because I want bigger and she pointed me at a savannah monitor. which is NOT the next step up. I want something 2ft-3ft but it CANNOT eat mice because my mom wont let me get a lizard that does. D: I was told blue tongued skink is OUT of the question and I like the lizards that are mostly body size. by that I mean not small body and long tail I like the one big body like the blue tongued skink. please help as my pet store is useless and google isn’t bringing up anything useful. I really like the caiman lizard but its too big.

01/24/16  06:14pm

DucksOnQuack57
View Profile

Message To: DucksOnQuack57   In reference to Message Id: 2316707

Just adding that blue tongued skink is out of question because of the looks not size, she hates how they look with the blue tongue. creeps her out. but I like them

01/24/16  06:16pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: DucksOnQuack57   In reference to Message Id: 2316707

I have a caiman lizard and its something you don’t want to handle... Its not the size that’s the problem its their attitude but if you like tropical lizards a Chinese water dragon males 3 feet females 2. but a 2-3’ lizard is still big and big animals=better care. green basilisk Is a 2’ lizard. But these lizards need high humidity and more of intermediate lizard. What are your cage plans? LxWxH. But from my experience a next step from a Leo/crestie is a beardie....just my insight, it’s up to you what reptile you want. CWD can be feed mice occasionally as a treat as adults but its not necessary. And a sav. monitor is a first monitor for someone who wants to get in the varanid hobby which reminds me why don’t you get an ackie monitor.

01/24/16  10:50pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2316710

It also depend if you want a tree dwelling lizard or a ground dwelling lizard....tropical or desert

01/24/16  10:54pm

Back to *Lizards-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area