*Lizards-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to *Lizards-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Zard   Takahiro111   Zard  

Member  Message

Zard
View Profile

Hyaluronic Acid for swollen gums?

My cwd has an inflammation in his gums, so I took him to a vet. He said that everything is fine and gave me some antibiotics for him, but he also told me to check whether
it is safe to give a cwd Gengigel. The vet mainly sees cats and it is safe for them, but I couldn’t find anything about it online. Gengigel is composed of Hyaluronic acid, Xylitol (a sugar alcohol used as a sweetener.), and excipients (natural or synthetic substances formulated alongside the active ingredient of a medication). Is it safe to use on him?

01/24/16  01:56pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Zard   In reference to Message Id: 2316704

Your wasting your money seeing a vet that knows squat about reptiles, my veterinarian is on vacation so I can’t bother him(called 2x) but what I’d do is call a reptile vet and ask if its safe. I spent $200 dollars on a vet that he swore he knew what he was doing and made my reptile sick even more(meds backfired) so I found a better vet. That’s why I don’t trust most vets but overall call up a local herp vet and see if the meds is safe. I’m mad he told you to see if its safe for the CWD putting the little guy at risk just because its safe for cats like their the same animal....I would’ve complained, got a refund and went else where.

They have vet recommendations on here so you can see if some is in your area if unsure.

01/24/16  04:47pm

Zard
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2316706

This is the best vet we have where I live. He has done a good job so far and I’m very careful about checking online about treatments. Thank you for the advice though. I’m sorry about your reptile getting sick. Hope they’re feeling better now.

01/25/16  05:38am

Back to *Lizards-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area