*Lizards-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to *Lizards-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Butterfly Lady   Takahiro111   Butterfly Lady   Takahiro111   Butterfly Lady  

Member  Message

Butterfly Lady
View Profile

Seroiusly worried about my MHD

It’s me again.....Sasha still isn’t eating. Has anyone heard of these guys going over a week without food, but are still healthy?? One observation I have made is that Bubba, her tank mate, is a bit of a bully. They use to hang onto each other and play, but that has stopped. He doesn’t chase her from the food, as I feed him first, and he leaves and I put her food down, and her by it. When I first got them just over a month ago, she was the one who ate well and he didn’t at all, but that was just a few days. Weird. Any advice?

11/28/15  08:03am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Butterfly Lady   In reference to Message Id: 2315925

The lizard is stressed so that’s why she’s not eating

11/30/15  04:54pm

Butterfly Lady
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2315952

Yes she is...definitely. Thank you for responding (not many people on here?) I believe she did eat today. I left her down low on a branch by a bowl of 4 dusted wax worms, only one left, and Bubba is still in his same spot. I bought new bulbs for their tank, as in my research did not realize they burn out of UV/UVA before they actually burn out. I had her out last night, and she loves to snuggle and look around, she is not losing weight, she’s not dehydrated, very alert and not weak in her limbs. Sasha is not a big cricket eater, she likes her worms. As much as I want to stop feeding them meal worms, she does like them, I’ll be getting some more. Me bad, I also forgot to mention that I switched them to a larger tank, a 24 by 18 by 18 from an 18 by 18 by 18 about 2 weeks ago. I bought it to give them a larger area, and my husband pointed that out, duh?!? I feel so silly. I love my babies, and they are very different from Anoles. The handling isn’t stressful, she knows my schedule and when I finally sit down to read a bit, she wants out to sit on me. There’s a bond, and I don’t deny her time out with me.

12/03/15  03:43pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Butterfly Lady   In reference to Message Id: 2315973

Good to hear everything’s well but you should also try dubia roaches their wayyyy bettter

12/03/15  04:37pm

Butterfly Lady
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2315974

I would love to, but they are not sold here in Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada. I just got u hands on a suitable sized Horned Worms. There is definitely a lack in food variety here.

12/04/15  02:59pm

Back to *Lizards-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area