*Lizards-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to *Lizards-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Homeskillet   Cphill58   Butterfly Lady  

Member  Message

Homeskillet
View Profile

Mountain Horned Dragon

Hi, I am brand new to Mountain Horned Dragon lizards. He/she is eating wax worms and dubia roaches . I added a water dripper over the water bowl and he/she drank immediately! My question is, is it normal for a juvenile to be showing its ribs? He/she is alert and quick! I’m doing well with humidity and misting .And I also have a tall branch and two good sized plants in the terrarium, plus it’s a twenty gallon long . Thank you

11/01/15  06:40pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Homeskillet   In reference to Message Id: 2315461

Mountain Horned Dragon

Showing ribs is not normal...sounds like a typical PETCO / PETSMART reptile captive bred import or farm raised.

feed it often ...if it doesn’t improve take it to an exotic vet ( call around ) and ask them if they can do a fecal float ( examine the poop for parasites ) If parasites are present they will prescribe medication for it and you should see much better results.

Good luck wishing you the best.

11/12/15  08:31am

Butterfly Lady
View Profile

Message To: Homeskillet   In reference to Message Id: 2315461

Mountain Horned Dragon

I am new as well. Bought mine a month ago. So much research.....most are brought from the wild, and yes mine were under weight as well. I found feeding daily really helped, and hand feeding makes the bond between us (I carry mine around on my chest or head daily lol!). They are thriving now. Their tank mate at the store died from being impacted, very sad. I am very careful to make sure they both poop daily, and mostly do this in their water fountain, big enough to bathe in as well. Clean daily and fill with non chlorine water. Keep us posted. I don’t know anybody else in my city yet that has these, it’s a lonely feeling when you are panicking.

11/14/15  11:38am

Back to *Lizards-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area