Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

Nzo_ferrari   Xkabx   Nzo_ferrari  
 Member  Message

Nzo_ferrari
View Profile

Reptile Business

Hi, my name is Aaron and i’m from San Antonio Texas. I was looking for opinions on opening a reptile shop in my area. I wanted to see if there was anything in your local stores that you wish they would have and also if you have any negative comments on your local pet store as well.
Thanks in advance for responding.

03/22/11  11:57pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Nzo_ferrari   In reference to Message Id: 2211070

Reptile Business

i live in windsor ontario we have a place here called corbrets. at corbrets nothing has a price on it and i really think they just gauge what they think you will pay and thats what they charge. put prices on stuff, nothing worse than feeling like your getting played. at this same store they feel that its ok to charge you 4$ for a pinkie and 4$ for a full grown mouse because "a mouse is a mouse" i swear to god this guy said that to me, and thats not the only thing thats overpriced pretty much everything is crazy i got 1 fish there that they sold me for 10 and then i see the same fish somewhere else for 3.99. i know you gotta mark stuff up but dont get crazy, keep your prices fair and people will return, i drive 15 mintues out of town because the guy there his prices are fair. also try to be knowledgeable about what you have but if you are not, admit it, dont make stuff up so you sound smart and they buy it, my out of town guy talks me outta buying stuff if i dont need it, but when he says i need it i know he means it. just be fair be honest and have cool stuff and if you know what your doing and have a good clean store people will return. best of luck to ya bro.

03/23/11  02:38pm

Nzo_ferrari
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2211126

Reptile Business

Thanks a lot man, i appreciate the time you took to write back to me. I think it will be fun to open a shop. What i was thinking about though is possibly not even making profit off of feeders, so i would sell them for what i payed for them, and just make my profit off the animals of course and the accessories. I, as a feeder buyer myself, feel that seeing cheap prices on feeders would bring me back to the store, and tell my friends about it. I’m not too sure how well that idea way work, but i may be willing to work with it a little bit. If you have any other input or ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Aaron

03/23/11  07:00pm

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area